This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubJob Question

I don't want to sound like a complete noob or anything. I've been playing since August 2005 and I've been thinking recently about how the subjob system works still.

My characters are:

Zaneu - Elvaan - MNK 19/WAR 1 or WAR 4/MNK 2
    Anuela - Mithra - THF 15
    Biedgar - Galka - WAR 15

My main issue is with Zaneu. I set my subjob up at Level 19, seeing as I was in a party at the time, gained subjob at 18, but set it to WAR at 19. I'm curious about the way it levels up. Considering I have MNK 19/WAR 1 and I've recently started levelling WAR, WAR 4/MNK 2 (I haven't checked my MNK/WAR for WAR's sub since leveling WAR as main.

If anyone can help me out so I can clear my head of this and get back to levelling, then thanks
    Last edited by Zaneu; 12-03-2005, 05:29 AM.

Selphiie the Enchantress is ftmfw.

Re: SubJob Question

you have to play the job as main job for it to level up. so you'll have to play 1mnk/your-sub if you want mnk level up.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

So, even if it's 19/1, all it needs is to go to 30/whatever it is, then switch back to WAR/MNK and then back again and it boosts from whatever the difference it is between half of 19 to equal 30/15 again.

Ok, so I just alternate between MNK/WAR and WAR/MNK.

Comment

I really can't stand how the selbina subquest guy tells you (paraphrased) "you're stupid if you switch main jobs because if you set MNK as main and WAR as sub it'll be MNK1/WAR1"

the truth of the matter is if you don't switch mnk to main, you can't level it up, next odds are you'll be in your starting city when you do job change so there's plenty of level 1 things to fight and level it up. just dont forget to set your homepoint there.

somone sees when you are looking for party:
        war19/mnk1 war19/mnk9 war19/thf9

who are they going to pick first?

who will they pick last?

at war19 you can have it subbed till mnk is 38, but when you get mnk to 37 that is actually the "half way point" meaning mnk will be a not be gimped as a subjob all they way to 75.
        Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
        G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
        San Doria Rank 6
        ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

if u want to be a reasonable good job you playing, make sure your sub job is up to level with your main job. which mean if your monk is level 20 then your war sub should be 10 which is mnk20/war10.

I will pick war19/mnk9 as low level war, subbing thf is useless as it dont help much.
          subbing mnk give a you more hp. thf sub is only more useful after your main job is 30 and above which mean war30/15thf as level 15 thf give u sneak attack that deal more damage.

2nd i pick is war19/9thf and last is war19/mnk1

Comment

That's the thing, I'm not going to 75.

So, what I'm aiming to do is just get MNK and WAR each to 30, and it'll be 15 anyway.

I'm going to PLD and DRG after I get 30.

DRG/MNK and PLD/WAR

Comment

Originally posted by Zaneu
              That's the thing, I'm not going to 75.

So, what I'm aiming to do is just get MNK and WAR each to 30, and it'll be 15 anyway.

I'm going to PLD and DRG after I get 30.

DRG/MNK and PLD/WAR
              if you plan on taking pld to 75 then you'll want war to be at 37 eventually and if you want drg to 75 and if you want 75drg/mnk then you'll want mnk at 37

at 30, war/mnk will be good till you reach 60, then you'll need to level it again

one method you can do is:

mnk to 18
              which will be good for war to get to 37
              which will be a good for you to get pld/drg to 75 while subbing war.
              San Doria Rank 6
              ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

MNK's already 19 though, WAR's the one at 4.

But yeah, I see your point.

75 DRG/37 MNK, 75 PLD/37 WAR

Or, you mean, half of 37 or at 75, the subjob will be 37?

Comment

a subjob won't be higher than 37 without raising the level cap

oh lol i read it backwards, but in the end it'll work the same

example: to take pld to 75 you'll eventually need war at 37 and you sub's sub needs to be 17
                  (there's also a mage equivelant wether you want to main rdm or smn)

get mnk to 18 for subjob quest, and if you never plan on subbing this to a job you want to goto 75 you can stop it here, since you were stayed till 19 you've got this covered.

next you get war to 30/37 if you stop at 30, you'll eventually need to come back once you get drg/pld to 60

get pld/drg and have fun ^^

the advantage of doing it in 1 shot if less gear clutter and swapping, and once you get war to 37 you can sell off everything pld/drgs don't use. (axes/great axes)

however staying 1 job for 75 levels without trying something else can be trying on some people. do which ever is best for you.
                  Last edited by Enialas; 12-03-2005, 08:10 AM.
                  San Doria Rank 6
                  ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

Umm, okay you other guys confused me lol
                    Not sure how much you understand Zan, but here's how I had to explain it to my sis when she was watching over my shoulder >< (and if I'm explaining things that you understood due to the other help, ignore me! ) Lol

Lets say these are my current lvl'ed jobs: RDM 40, BLM 20, and WHM 11:

Sub-jobs will be set at one half your MAIN job. SJ's do NOT lvl up. So using above jobs, if I were to set BLM as my main, lvl 20, and WHM as my sub (lvl 11) it would only show me as being BLM20/WHM10. Because the sj can never be more than half your main. When you reach lvl 22 with BLM, your WHM when then go on to lvl 11. However; after this, your WHM will NOT go to 12 when BLM hits 24, UNLESS you go lvl up WHM as your main some more.

See what happens to WHM when paired with the 40 RDM:
                    RDM40/BLM20
                    RDM40/WHM10

So basically just remember; your sj's never get exp, so you do have to go back and level any class that you want as a sj ><

"Yeah, maybe you should keep your finger out of your throat and eat a doughnut."

A Message to the Calista Flockharts of the world.

Comment

If it hasnt been pointed out yet, you dont want to sub MNK for your drg. /war /thf and /sam are the "common" subjobs used for Drg. /whm for soloing. This isnt to say you can't /mnk if you so desire, but most likely you will be viewed as ignorant and your PT invites will be few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Angel
                        If it hasnt been pointed out yet, you dont want to sub MNK for your drg.
                        yeah. go pld/war and drg/war. you don't need /mnk at all, except as a sub for your war.

just take war to 37 once and be done wih it, then you'll never have to think about your subjob again

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                        I live to entertain!

Comment

I think he had gotten that. I'm not sure but so much explination for something so simple

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I've already got MNK at 19 and my WAR is at 10.

I've been told /MNK is fine for DRG. Hell, I'll probably change it to WAR if I need to.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...5&page=1&pp=20

sigh, this has been discussed before
                              Last edited by aegina; 01-10-2006, 06:23 AM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
                              X