This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions..

I'm thinking about buying FFXI..but I have some questions first.

1. What are all the different expansions?
    2. What is better? PC or PS2?
    3. Can you "master" all the different jobs on one character? So if I start out as a Black Mage, and I level up quite a bit, can I change jobs to a warrior and then level that up. And keep switching jobs so that they're all at pretty high lvls...so then I can use whatever job I want (since Ill have them all pretty strong) during battle? (Example-Lets say I want to be a Ranger in the next battle I'm going to be in. But I'm currently a Bard. Will I be able to switch jobs to a ranger for that fight...and then after I'm done I decide for the next battle I want to be a Dragoon.) Can I do that? lol...I hope if you read this you understand what I mean. Because I want to have high lvls in EACH AND EVERY job and be able to switch whenever I want.

Thanks
    Last edited by MusicFreak247; 11-05-2005, 05:49 AM.

Re: Questions..

1. there are 2 current ones, Rise of the Zilart and Chains of Promathia. A third one has been announced called Treasures of Aht Urgan with an unspecified release date.
    2. either will work. PS2 has some limitations on the graphics, but it's a bit more responsive with macros.
    3. Yes you can level all the jobs. However, to switch jobs you have to return to your mog house. You don't just arbitrarily switch jobs in the middle of the field. To date (after some 3 years of being released), there is only one player with all the jobs at max level.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Thank you for the info!! One more thing...I want everything availabe (all the expansions, etc) so my gaming experience will be the best it can be. What will I have to buy for this to occur? Could you list all the stuff I need to play...for PC. All the cables...expansions...recommended requirements for computer,etc. Like I said...list everything that is out there because I want to have everything there is so I can have lots of fun.
      Last edited by MusicFreak247; 11-05-2005, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Check the official site:
        http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/beginners/win/

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Actually Neighbortaru, Reisu on Ragnarok has ALL his jobs to 75. Ask anyone on Ragnarok, because I'm sure everyone's seen him running around in his Maat's Cap.
            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

ah, that's something new. thanks for the update Rodin.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

There's also someone on Bahamunt that has the Maat's Cap (some JP...forget his name atm)

To the OP. You can buy the "Vana 'diel Collection" that contains all current expansions (I belive it comes on one DVD if you get it for the PC so that makes install 100x eaiser).

Second, if you have a "decent" PC then I would personaly recomend getting it for the PC and buy a $10 PS2-to-USB adaptor from RadioShack so you can use your PS2 controler while playing. When I made the switch I have never looked back. Also, you can get better resolution on the PC then the PS2, and do nifty things like windowing it (talking about windowers is agenst fourm policy so just know that it can be done).

Third, as was stated above you can master all jobs and you get a cool looking hat when you do but know this, haveing the Maat's Cap is generaly considered as someone who has spend the past 3 years doing nothing but playing Final Fantasy.

Hope you enjoy your time in Vana 'diel.

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
                Rest of my sig

Comment

Obtaining Maat's Cap does not mean you have lvled all jobs to 75. It means you have lvled all jobs to at least 70 and completed Genkai 5 with each. Just some fyi (@Q@; )
                  Kailo(Elvaan):[75DRK], [37THF], 37WAR, 37SAM, 37RDM, 37NIN
                  Current Mission
                  â—‹San d'Oria [M8-2] - Lightbringer
                  â—‹Zilart [ZM14] - Ark Angels
                  â—‹Promathia [PM4-2] - The Savage
                  -----------------------------------------
                  "Better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!" (°~°; )

Comment

Working...
                  X