This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloing

I was just wondering if its possible, or if anyone has tryed, soloing throughout this whole game... obviously its not recommended, but i was just curious.
    My Dream... = http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?126960

Re: Soloing

You can solo bst 1-75.

Comment

it would take alot of patience

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

The new patch lets you get more exp from EP and DC mobs but itd still be very slow and youd most likely have to be RDM, BST, NIN, or good with Utsusemi and /NIN subjob.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I don't understand why you play an MMORPG if you want to solo so much. That's what offline RPGs are for.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

i realize that soloing isnt the main purpose of mmorpg's, but somehow i just think it would be fun to do something that everybody else thinks is near impossible or just a waste of time. And as for having to be NIN,BST,RDM... i personally would like to try it with either WAR, DRG, or DRK

Comment

As a fun alternative from time to time I like soloing too.
              But if I have to solo all the way from 1 to 75 ima go insane >.<~
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

On my last server there was this whm who mustve been soloing to 75. I saw her for the first time about 2months after I started playing and she was 20whm then. A year later she was only lv45 but I kept searching her as I suspected this crazy motha of soloing and low and behold she was never in a PT but was on alot alot, used to see her soloing the gobs outside Khazam. At first I thought she was just helping the newbs but she was taking awful long to solo even as a whm so I checked them at her lv and they were eps so Im sure she was exping. This was about 1.5years ago and I have long since quit and have no idea what Lv she is now. Point is there is some people crazy enough to do it, I woulda gone mnk tho xD
                75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                Woodworking 91.9+2
                ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

A DRK with cap'd Dark Magic could probably do a decent job of soloing if we solo'd Crabs.

But I do know a MNK who leveled from about Lv.24 to Lv.30 SOLO! I couldn't believe it. He orginally just wanted to go SAM to Lv.75, and decided to level MNK to Lv.30. Instead he leveled RNG to Lv.70 and is now MNK68. I couldn't imagine doing that.

I did solo RDM from Lv.17 to Lv.21, but that wasn't very hard honestly. I could get 120~200EXP a kill on worms in various locations. But as stated, that's RDM. We can solo quite well, even before Lv.41.
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                    On my last server there was this whm who mustve been soloing to 75. I saw her for the first time about 2months after I started playing and she was 20whm then. A year later she was only lv45 but I kept searching her as I suspected this crazy motha of soloing and low and behold she was never in a PT but was on alot alot, used to see her soloing the gobs outside Khazam. At first I thought she was just helping the newbs but she was taking awful long to solo even as a whm so I checked them at her lv and they were eps so Im sure she was exping. This was about 1.5years ago and I have long since quit and have no idea what Lv she is now. Point is there is some people crazy enough to do it, I woulda gone mnk tho xD
                    He/she must have a lot of beast seals... Could make a lot of money doing bcnms.

Title: Sergeant Major
                    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

After thinking about it for a little bit, I figure that a THF/NIN would be pretty darn good at soloing. The THF job gives you extra gil for your ninjutsu, you get dual wield, at later levels you get abilities like triple attack, and in case of emergency you have perfect dodge... am i right, if not tell me.

Comment

Double Post Edited:
                        Originally posted by fastcart
                        He/she must have a lot of beast seals... Could make a lot of money doing bcnms.
                        FC, Daddio has like 400 beastmen seals! LOL Don't know how many ks he has though but I'm sure he has a few. LOL

Originally posted by Swordmaster8717
                        After thinking about it for a little bit, I figure that a THF/NIN would be pretty darn good at soloing. The THF job gives you extra gil for your ninjutsu, you get dual wield, at later levels you get abilities like triple attack, and in case of emergency you have perfect dodge... am i right, if not tell me.
                        Well my son has a lvl 75 thf/nin and he says that this would be quite difficult to do. EP at the very best which wouldn't net you a lot of exp. DC if you really want a challenge! Things improve at lvl 74 but heck thats a little late! LOL
                        Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-03-2005, 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I solo my SMN all the time, I kill DC with no problems, I get about 100-120 a kill and in about an Hour I can get about 1k EXP, Normaly in Partys I get anywhere from 5-10k Per Hour, So lvling solo is slow but possible, I solo when I wait for PT invite sometime.

Medalink

Comment

Well every job can solo with /nin pretty well after 74/37. Utsusemix2 is really a monsterous tool imo. THF with the evasion bonus can be an alterative tank at 74+. But before that, they will die really quick. Not a very good soloer pre 74 if they can solo for exp at all.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

You can solo almost any job as long as you have the right sub. BST main or /BST has basically the same charm rate (If you exclude the +"Charm" gear). Then with the right job combination just focusing on what you kill, for example almost any job that can do ranged attacks on Worms can solo them all the way to 75 or even duo them to 75.

Just solo stuff generally takes longer so be aware of that, which most that choose to solo generally do anyways.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                              X