Customizing UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing UI

I enjoy playing MMO's with girlfriend and RL friends. Unfortunately they are hooked on the WOW UI. I got them all to play FFXI for about a month and they pretty much all wanted to quit due to the UI. Due to my background I see nothing wrong with the UI, but can understand how they could be struggling.

Recently I have had urge to try and make a customizable UI for FFXI that works like WOW's UI. Toolbars, lifebars etc. Figure on overiding the keyboard inputs and use sniffer for most of the work. It require that FFXI be in window format (not fullscreen) I understand the license and consequences of "hacking" though I really don't consider it hacking... probably even give Squaresoft the code free if it ment prolonging FFXI life.

I guess now to the actual questions. Has this already been done or attempted? Has this been proven not to work?
    Midgard:
    75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
    80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
    lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Re: Customizing UI

People have done it. One interface that comes to mind is really bubbly buttons. And the cursor replaced by the final fantasy 7 gloved hand.

I'm sure there's more of them out there, but none come to mind.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Mog: he's talking about actually changing the UI, not prettying it up.

OP, see my PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        Mog: he's talking about actually changing the UI, not prettying it up.

OP, see my PM.
        Oh, in that case, I really don't know. =/ Haven't seen any different interfaces for this game so far.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
        X