Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear FFXI like you never heard it before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear FFXI like you never heard it before!

It took me 29 strait hours to compile this full FFXI music replacement and I'm very happy with the results. (It even covers Aht Urgan areas!)

This is a Compilation of the following game sound tracks:

Breath of Fire III
    Crono Cross
    Final Fantasy 7, 8, X-2
    Grandia I, II, III, Xtreame
    Legend of Dragoon
    Legend of Legia
    Lunar Silver Star Story
    Parasite Eve
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Saga Frontier 1 and 2
    Tales of Eternia
    Wild Arms 1, 2, 3, 4 and Alter Code: F
    Ys Series

First, Copy/Paste your origional sound,2,3,4 folders to a safe place on your computer for backup before replacing with these, just in case you don't like this.

To add these simply open up your Final Fantasy XI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI directory and open each one further to the data folder, then replace that data folder with this data folder. If you just replace sound folder with this sound folder you will make many-a-problems haha.

Enjoy, my best work yet!

Click on my signature link below and its will be on that page.
    Last edited by Lyle_Vertigo; 05-04-2007, 04:04 AM.

Re: Hear FFXI like you never heard it before!

nice cant wait to hear new music in ffxi i was so sick of everything >< except the bcnm music ^^
    75bst 75thf 73rdm 40mnk 39nin 37whm 35blu 26drk 17pld 17war and idk the rest

PM: 8-3
    ZM: 14

Cloudxi -- Valefor, moved to Quetzalcoatl 01/08
    TheFlock ls

Comment

Interesting. I'm intrigued to find out how you blended things like CC, PSO, and Breath of Fire into the game...

Just one question. I realized, last night, why I don't listen to the music in-game anymore: because Jeuno. It's some of the most annoying music, especially for long periods of time. What did you replace that with?
      Kindadarii (Bahamut)
      90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
      70.3 + 2 Woodworking
      52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Star Ocean could work to .
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
        ---
        Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
        ----
        Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Dang. Well I haven't checked out much of the music yet, but alot of it fits veeerry well! I love the PSU bgm in the MH.. it matches it very well lol. The music in sandy and ronfaure is pretty cool too, although ronfaure can get pretty repetative.. but the music is nice. So far I'm loving the overworld solo/party bgm as well! thanks for this cool new BGM and your hard work!

Comment

I'm gonna download this and then upload this to my site, for a mirror. And can save people hassle of going through filefront ^^

Hope you don't mind?

I'll also, make a page and post it up on my site for you, (with all do credits, and link to your post above, and what you have in your post up there)

If you dont' care
            Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
            FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Wow, this is a nice find. Thanks a lot. I will try this out later tonight.

Comment

Has anyone made a way to add music to non-music zones? Outside of changing the wind sound? I'm sure it's possible to have a program running in the background that recognizes when you zone into a certain area...

Oh, anyway, could you post a list of what changes you did?
                Read my blog.
                ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

I'd have to put the theme from the Veldt in FF6 in there someplace where I'd hear it a lot. Maybe that Jeuno music.

Anybody know what the song (crap, going to be explained terribly here): FF6, features a flute and sounds kind of like some of the music from Karate Kid. Hands down one of my favorite bgm's of all time. Wish I knew where it played or what it was named.

Comment

Great Job! I love it! This gives the game a whole new feeling again

Comment

[System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]

Comment

Will definately check it when I get home, could use a change. Just one question, does this pack replace the music for quests also? Important Cutscene stuff*?
                        -Lionheart

I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself-

Comment

Quote by Lionheart:
                          Just one question, does this pack replace the music for quests also? Important Cutscene stuff*?

This is a very good question. I think a nice idea would be to point out which sounds are what for, exactly. But I think you can already do this with a program called "Pebble's PolUtils." It lets you listen to each sepperate sound file in the game files. So before you replace a sound, you can listen to if it might be something important. It's a lot of work to do though.
                          I'm going to download the pack now, just to listen what you've made. I'm not going to implend them into the game because I have sound disabled, and if I want to hear a special soundtrack, like PM battles, I sometimes turn sound on, I prefer to hear the original then. In my opinion, the best point of this sound pack is area sounds, like Jeuno.

Edit: Hola, 780 mb. I might not download it after all. It's running now I'll see how far it gets before I cancel it.
                          Last edited by Arctic Wolf; 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM. Reason: add

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

Working...
                          X