Using FFXI Tool #2 on a Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using FFXI Tool #2 on a Laptop

I realize this may not necessarily be the best place to ask this, but from what I understand the majority of you have used FFXI Tool #2 (The Map Viewer) at some point or another...

The problem is that, since a laptop has no + or - keys, there doesn't seem to be anyway to view any maps besides Sarutabaruta...and using the shift button and the = and - keys doesn't work any better...does anyone know a way to avoid this problem?
    Current Custom Model Viewer Progress:

Hume ♂: 39/121
    Hume ♀: 375/698
    Elvaan ♂: 86/126
    Elvaan ♀: COMPLETE!
    Tarutaru: 20/191
    Mithra: 146/638
    Galka: 35/68

Re: Using FFXI Tool #2 on a Laptop

I have no idea what tool you're talking about, but most laptops have a FN (Function) key that you can hold down and press the letters on the right half of the keyboard as a ghetto number pad. Check the side of the key facing you, or the top, it should have the number/symbol printed on there if this is the case on your machine.

If you REALLY need a numpad, I've seen USB ones out there for $20-40.

Comment

Or you could try the Virtual Keyboard with Windows ^^
      Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
      FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to close this thread given its subject of a third party app.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

My apologies. I thought this was in reference to the 3rd party program that put a map HUD on your screen while you played.
          Again, I'm sorry for misunderstanding the post.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
          X