Need help w/ a .dat merge.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/ a .dat merge.....

I am Trying to merge these 2 armor sets. Like a line slit down the middle and one half one color one half the other. Looking for some advice on how to get this done...

Re: Need help w/ a .dat merge.....

Still not certain I understand what you are trying to do. If I did could suggest stuff, otherwise I'm sorry but can't help. Simply because I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I think what she wants is half of the armor set white with the black trimming, while the other half is black with white trimming, with the color split down the center vertically; the two images posted are supposed to be a guide as to what the original armor looks like in both iterations. That's what I gathered from the OP.

Comment

Ahh, well for that then it might require un-mirroring the model. That's a process you'd have to do in VRS. Once they are un-mirrored you'd have two texture images to use. Each texture focusing on a certain half of the model.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Yes one half of the .dat black with white trim the other half white with black trim. There was a tutorial posted somewhere about this but the person removed it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kataro View Post
            Yes one half of the .dat black with white trim the other half white with black trim. There was a tutorial posted somewhere about this but the person removed it...
            Yeah, the major part of it is unmirroring the half you want to be the opposite color. It's basically copying the mesh you are going to unmirror rename the copies texture fields so VRS doesn't remerge them and then removing from original what you want to unmirror and then removing from the copy what you keep in the original.

It's also a method you can use if you want to make a very detailed object, say you want to make a detailed graphic but the area is going to be to small on the texture side to work with. Then you can just separate that area from the mesh to use the entire texture space to give yourself more room. Of course you'll have more work blending so it fits seamlessly with the model again.

Comment

Working...
            X