Hume Fem port help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hume Fem port help please!!!

Ok ive been attempting to port these Pants from off FFXIdats to hume fem myself.

I can get everything to show in VRS how i want it but when i hit FFXI model save it gives me an error after i get through the normal save procedure. And when loaded into Model Viewer there are no shurikens. Not sure what im doing wrong as im no expert but ive been stuck at this point for a few days...dont know where to go from here.

heres a pic of where i got to and a pic of the error....any help would be appreciated.

Re: Hume Fem port help please!!!

Hallihallo Kataro

Problem case 1
    Your problem lies in the skeleton weights. All points that have no skeleton weight
    or a weight smaller then a summary of 1 wont show in the model viewer and
    cause the error you have.

Problem case 2 (since you just adjusted weights and positions i don't think you have this here. )
    You have a polygon with 2 textures on it. Parts with 2 textures on the same polygon also won't show in the model viewer.

Suggesting:
    You have to check all weights of the shuricans again and see if the summary
    of them is 1 and only on 1 or 2 skeletons.

Nice Day
    Nomido

Comment

Heh,

Fun...

http://www.ffximc.com/forums.php?m=p...&n=last#bottom

The problem shoudlnt' be not having texture. Since its just failing to export.
      Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
      FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Wooot i Fixed it. Thank u all for the help. Had to change things in hex editor..lol took forever to figure it out And i finished my first succesfull custom .dat

Figured out all the skeleton stuff and Fixed everything but now i have almost no textures in game on the shuriken. They are all grey(Pic Below). But show up fine in MV and Altana Viewer.

I can sort of reskin it in Metasequoia but i would rather keep the original Textures.
        Last edited by Kataro; 11-04-2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Hallihallo Kataro

This looks like a resolution problem. I know that FFXI has a kind of
          show no high resolution function in it. I did not read the whole thread
          where this was metioned but this was/is the reason you can't make models
          as sharp and high res like the one at the character creation process.

It seems you are over the resolution limit of FFXI and it jsut cuts the resolution
          down and shows you this crippled texture. As far as i know there is
          no way to work arround that. :/

Nice Day
          Nomido

Comment

The problem i was having with the textures was caused by VRS exporting the .dat images wrong. I had to go in with a Hex editor and change values.

Thanks again for all the help you guys gave me.

Update: Here is the full finished product. Ported the entire armor set from mithra to hume fem and changed the colors a bit

Last edited by Kataro; 11-05-2006, 01:14 PM. Reason: Added Pictures of finished mod

Comment

Very nicely done, alot of small cool details like the shurikens and the gun.

How did you make the eyes, a .dat change on the head or is it changed when putting on the mask?
              One Windurst to rule them all
              One Windurst to conquer the others
              One Windurst to find the others
              And in mithraness bind them

Comment

No all i did was photoshop in some sharingan onto the reg head bmp. took a little while to get the proportions right but wasnt hard.

Comment

Working...
                X