Problem whith grabing pictuers out of model viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem whith grabing pictuers out of model viewer

Ok I had no idea where else to poste this so I am sorry if this is the wrong place. I am having problems whith taking ss out of model viewer. I used to get crisp sharp imiges on saving them as bmp where the backgorund and the model would be compleatly seperait so I could easaly remove the backgorund and be left whith just the model using psp. Well now the model is blending around the edges whith the back ground hears an example
    in viewer

then I open it in psp and use the magic wand thing to select

then I use invert selection to select just the model itself

abd usualy that would alow me to remove all of the backgorund but as you can see hear for some reson it is blending the backgorund during screan shoting now added a difrent hue so that the selection dose not include it when I use this way.

I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling my programs it still dosn't work dose anyone have any idea what I can do?

Re: Problem whith grabing pictuers out of model viewer

its best to choose a dull color but something that won't match with the character/armor/etc. Then use the Magic Erase tool, or do it by hadn to quickly erase all the background.

Then fill it in with say white, to see if there is any leftover noticable color left, if there is, just undo the fill. Then Select your erase make it 1px, zoom in pretty far so you can see individual pixels, And erase what you need to, And repeate fill with white to see how it looks. Thats what I typically do
    Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
    FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

See thats the problem up untill a week or 2 ago I didnt have to do anything like that. I would just ss open in psp use magic wand invert copy the model only and bam the model would be extraced whith no backgorund blending. Its like model viewer is all of a suden taking less quality screan shots. I tryed adjustusting setting and it still didnt work. Removing the blended protions gives the model an ugly edgyness it never had befor.

Comment

very color you choose will blend. the thing is depending on the color your orginal picked, and the background you have it on its not noticable.

And it takes practice to learn how to pixel edit and not make it look blocky, but i've had lots of practice at that.

I recommend using a Brown, or Grey color for background when your going to be editing them.

Also the other thing to do alot of times, is use a color replacer, to replace those blocks in some cases sometimes that are greenish or whatever, to give a blended matching color look.
        Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
        FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Turn off antialiasing for your video card.
          Last edited by Monkor; 10-09-2006, 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling =X

Comment

omg that worked thank you soo much this saves me so much time zorander

Comment

Working...
            X