Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a completely new model....?

Firstly, I'm fairly new to this.

Anyway, I've been working on a small Elvaan to Mithra port based on some of Lowtech's work. Which can be seen here: Link. So after getting basic textures down, I started working extensively in 3dsMax8 in reshaping parts of the body piece. Right now I'm at a loss as to how to take this new model and get it back into the correct formats to be used in FFXI. They only idea I have is to go 3dsMax > Metaseq > VRS. Problem is I don't know how. I've looked for tutorials, but the only ones I can find involve basic texture editing or "race changing" dats in VRS.

{Help me out!}

Re: Using a completely new model....?

If you are only moving vertices around, get the MQO import and export plugins for 3dsmax from http://www.maxplugins.de and just save it back to MQO format. You can use model viewer to export the model to MQO format, edit in max, then use the MQO->DAT function from the model viewer menu.

If you're adding new geometry in max, just stop now as there's no way to successfully add new data to the model if it wasn't already in the DAT. Use VRS to add new polys/verts and save it to the DAT, then export it to MQO and use your modeling program to adjust everything.

Comment

Re: Using a completely new model....?

If you are only moving vertices around, get the MQO import and export plugins for 3dsmax from http://www.maxplugins.de and just save it back to MQO format. You can use model viewer to export the model to MQO format, edit in max, then use the MQO->DAT function from the model viewer menu.
      Well I've tried that, and the model only comes out all messed up. Only thing I changed on the model was I changed the UVM wrapping in certain areas. Back to square one I suppose

Edit1: Okay I think I got it working now, I started with a fresh import and just rewrapped the model and it seems to have worked so far. Thanks !
      Last edited by Lyanastaader; 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X