Yay - I got it to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay - I got it to load

Ok, after a month of not looking at this...

I figured out why I was getting incorrect mesh loading.

SS:

I still got a lot to code

- Texture loading + cordinates
    - Surface info conversion
    - Normals handler
    - Saving routine
    - Npc handler
    - Improve bone display
    - bunch of stuff I can't think of until it's needed

Anyways, yall can drool on the SS. Look out Vrs, I'll soon give you some competition.

Re: Yay - I got it to load

Congratulations! Although I know absolutely nothing about the topic, I know what it's like to have something not working finally work. XD

Comment

oo lightwave. You wrote the conversion plug in yourself?
      Any chance for a XSI or Maya conversion xD?
      Last edited by Jei; 05-27-2006, 03:43 AM.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yea, Pebble's from PolUtils, pointed me at some old FFXItool src. I studied it for about 2 months to figure out the .dat info. Those were long lonely months...

There's still some stuff to figure out though, like how to hide a section of the head when wearing a hat.

I don't know about the other programs through. It took a long time to learn Lightwave's plugin system and the dat info. There's still a lot to do...

Lightwave is pretty powerful though ^^ - I especially like the subpatching:
        Last edited by DFlame; 05-27-2006, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Maybe I should take a look at this then. I've been wanting to make a set of Id dats. (If any of you ever played Xenogears, you should know what I'm talking about.) I know a buddy of mine wants them. And I too would like them for when/if I ever play MNK.
          Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
          90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

ZENOGEARS FTW!!!!! oh wait. back on topic. PM a link to the SRC please or Upload it into your PFS on my site please and then let me know. Would be greatly appretiated.
            Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
            FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

Would this product in the end maybe be able to load in multiple models for fixing?

Back in the days when I was trying to replace my FFXI shiva with FFX shiva I couldn't quite load anything not .dat into vrs. Which kind of stopped my work.

I'd love this program if it would allow for this import of other model types and then attaching those models to skeletons.

Of course if vrs already can do this, someone could write a guide

Comment

Did you ever manage to get the ffx shiva working?

I think ffxi shiva is hideous. I desperately want my ice godess from ff10 back

Comment

Haven't given it any second tries.

Mostly waiting on new VRS. (and who knows, maybe the new one actually can import anything else than dats)

Comment

YES!!!!!!

Sorry.

I deeply love that game.

Carry on.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowy
                      Haven't given it any second tries.

Mostly waiting on new VRS. (and who knows, maybe the new one actually can import anything else than dats)
                      Well outside of using the FFXI Import button, if you select the only item that shows up in the Structure Window and go to File->Import it has option there to import a few things that isn't a .dat.

I got it working on mine now were I can export out a list of .mot (Motion Files) to import in for easier use when I want to alter a models motion. Take some time though to create a .mot library if people wanted that so they could more easily identify were each motion is and more easily swap the motions.

It had quite a few options on stuff you can import, I'll have to look at the list again but I think I saw .mqo and a few others on it.

Never messed with LightWave before, probably have to look into getting that. If it's able to make motion files (and Import to the .dat), create skeletons, add sound to the models, and solves those .dds issues that VRS seems to have I'd be sold on it 100% then.

From what the screen shows it looks like it only deals with the mesh at a level far more powerful then Meta or VRS can do. Which is pretty sweet too then.
                      Last edited by Macht; 06-27-2006, 09:56 AM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Checked your suggestion out and it seems like if I'd convert the shiva model to .mdl it could possibly go and import. Maybe worth rechecking sometime.

I can't remember how I used to do the things though. Heh, you think something is so easy and obvious, then you let it be a while and suddenly you can't remember anything.

Good thing search exists, so I can see it is in a folder named HL2 models >_>
                        Time to move it slightly.

Hmm, totally forgotten how to use the extraction program, atleast I think I have the shiva model left extracted. Need an obj to mdl conversion though.

Comment

Looked a bit more on the VRS import thingie. And googling around it seems like mdl is a pretty confusing format, which is different between many games.

Would be nice if someone who has talked to the VRS guy can ask him if there is any good way to import 3D models that aren't dats from the beginning to VRS.

Comment

Working...
                          X