Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RDM AF remake almost ready. suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM AF remake almost ready. suggestions?

I am almost finished making my RDM outfit...but before I finish it completely and move on to the next project I figured I'd see if there was anything I might have missed before I release it. Any suggestions? I figured I'd make a RDM for the people like me who solo, and want a more...armored look to their rdm without losing TOO much of the old RDM look.... or a darker RDM type for those of us who sub blackmage....as for the green feather...I saw it on another outfit a LONG time ago. I dont think they ever finished theirs, or even released what they had... but they had a glow like effect on their feather so ... I may still change it to give it that effect
    Attached Files
    A LMFAO production:
    How to Kill a Ninja----
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Re: RDM AF remake almost ready. suggestions?

It may just be me, but i feel the pants really contrast with the body. A possible fix for this would be to apply that chain type texture to the pants as well? just my opinion, looks good though

Comment

well the pants are supposed to match with the red striping going down the front part of the body armor (the red and gold strips) as well as look very similar to the original RDM pants ..somewhat. Maybe thats why it looks kind of off? or maybe because I still have to fine tune a few parts of the red to make them blend together throughout the whole outfit. Not quite sure... but yeah thats why I was asking for feedback ...something is slightly off on it..not something big but... something that I cant quite put my finger on.
      A LMFAO production:
      How to Kill a Ninja----
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

the neon green feather just doesn't fit.

I worked in a 'Paint your own Ceramics' shop a couple years ago, used to get in little kids who would grab things, and paint them in all neons or matallics.

Neons and matallics have their uses, yes, but if they aren't used properly, they're just painful on your eyes.

Comment

I don't really mind the feather, but I do agree that it kind of stands out perhaps too much. But otherwise the mod looks pretty solid.

Comment

I would suggest makeing the reds a bit brighter, not alot, but closer to the AF. As far as the pants go you might try and bring the red line around the legs more, like a wider line. Just a thought. ^^ I really like the boots.

Medalink

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but the detail looks nice. But seriously that feather totally breaks the outfit. It completely distracts from the color scheme and the look you're trying to accomplish. I get you're trying to create some kind of accent, but visually and thematically it looks out of place. I'd make it a red feather. Since red is the overall theme color of red mage.
              My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
              Originally posted by Balfree
              Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I think what would make ti stand out less would be to chane the old to a Pewter color... or is you want it to be vibrant, make less of a contrast between the red and yellow.

From what I see, thats the biggest ting that just makes it... not-so-appealing...

not that it's bad at all, it just has that one thing that makes ur eyes kinda hurt...

Comment

The feather looks horrible to me ._., that green is on a total different contrast, white or gold would probably be more suitable.

Try to sharpen the body details a bit, they look somewhat blurred, but i love the outcome so far!
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

To me, I? would change the feather to mabye grey or black, the green doesn't fit. Also the shoulderplates seem to stiff and large... It may be to much work but I would see myself using this if you make it a 4-piece pauldroon connected to the arms, not the body.
                    Originally posted by Ellipses
                    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                    Originally posted by MCLV
                    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                    More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                    X