Last Elvaan v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Elvaan v2

Hmm, was in a good mood + had some time to waste on modding. I want to start off easy so I decided to redo a old project that I did long ago.

Intro
    Ok, I know most know and seen this old project of mine that I did and released years ago. Problem with this project is that it had no real textures. It just used some solid colors along with some japanese text on it. I guess back then it was cool to me, but as months went on, I looked back and said that is utter crap .

So the first thing I decided to do for my first project in quite a bit is redo this project. Give it real textures or lets say make it how you truly wanted it to be back then. So this is what I've done.

I have decided to make 2 versions of it. The gold version and dark version. Gold version is done and is shown below. Dark version is so so. I thought the pants looked decent, but the body turned out not to be so good yet ;P. I WILL NOT make any more designs.

It will also come with 2 dual wieldable great katanas. I have not made the GKTs yet. This was meant for a Samurai, but ninja or monk could wear it.

Shots
    There was one problem with this little project. I did not update the old body and pants model so things aren't truly done yet. It still uses the pants I made long ago that needs to be fixed and the body needs to be fixed also. I just did not feel like messing with modeling just yet. I want to keep things simple and then go to the advanced stuff again.

Nevertheless, I'll show the shots of what I have now.

And here is the original project for comparison. It is the dark version. Which do you think looks better? This or the one above? I know the answer . Thats why I said it was utter crap. I should of never released it in the first place.

Other things
    - There will be a female version of this sometime. You may think to yourself, "All you have to do for the textures is just swap them around." This may be true for the pants, but for the body, its not.

Porting
    I will port to all races once things are done. Order in which they it is done is HF > Mithra > Galka > Taru > EF. The reason for this is that the pants are already done for HF and mithra while galka, taru, and EF aren't. I never did those type of pants for the other races.

I will also post again and show these shots AFTER the EM version is finalized.

Why port if its called "last elvaan?" Tired of people complaining, thats why. It was originally for EM, just know that.

Release?
    When the following two conditions are met...

1. I show you the final draft. You will notice what has been changed.
    2. The site is 100% back up and running meaning all dat files are back up and the site has no problems.

When those 2 conditions are met, I'll upload this to my site for download. I will not post a link here.

Elite noob modder

Re: Last Elvaan v2

Very nice. It's shiny everywhere!

As an aside, every time I see those katanas, I kick myself for not trying to texture them better.

Comment

i like the darker one better.
      Life's not fair...Get over it.

Which FF Character Are You?

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Hyades I love all your mods they all look soo diferent then other ppls. ^.~

Comment

One of your best mods yet.

I'll come up with an original sig tomorrow...yeah.......tomorrow..........

Comment

looks amazing.
            too bad i just don't see the benefit from using these mods

Comment

Dude, style points.

Style points.

Comment

looks amazing.

personal preference of seeing gear that isn't blah all the time.....

Balmor: Elvaan Male San D'oria Rank 7
                BST 70 WAR 56 NIN 35 THF 30 MNK 30 PLD 22 DRG 19 RDM 13

Malag: Tarutaru Male Windurst Rank 10
                BLM 75 WHM 37 BRD 20 THF 16 BST 14

Comment

Originally posted by Kikuchiyo
                  looks amazing.
                  you gotta see this eye-patch mod before you make decision
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Heh, that's actually an old version... the newer eyepatch can be seen in the MGS version of my sig. After I finish my Siegfried armor mod, I'll get around to porting that to all races.
                    Last edited by Stromgarde; 04-30-2006, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Here, final draft. Thanks for whatever feedback by the way, but this is how the gold version is going to be.

Front

Side

Here is my favorite pose shot lol. You know I look good lmao.

Here is a test with my samurai hat. Wil never release because I found out that it makes the character's back of their head disappear. It never happened with my HF one so whatever lol. Wait for some other modder to do it and then what I will do is create textures for the hat to match this set and release it xD.

For now, I just made the hat a solid black color. Once again, I always do this if i don't feel like doing textures.

For those that don't notice the changes, I'll spoon feed you and tell you....

Changes
                      - Fixed up body model some. Mainly the sleeves and shoulder plates.
                      - Fixed up the pants model some. I raised the height on the bottom of the pants so you can see more of his feet. I also fixed some other problems so it looks better overall.
                      - Changed belt color to black.

I finished this rather quickly because there wasn't much work to be done. Wasn't like I had major problems with it like old projects.

Ready for release, but I have yet to work on that ol site of mine. Probably wouldn't be worked on until after finals over. If you need it asap, just pm me for it, otherwise, wait until the site is updated and there is a new news post.

As for the other races, you know I'll be doing HF first thing sometime. I "may" change up the body model some as I don't like the male and female version virtually being the same. But as for mithra and taru, it will look like the elvaan male version. This is because of skin color. If you were humans, you would get the female version of this. That or I create custom skin textures for those 2 races xD. Then again, might be lazy and not do this.

Wow, first time in a long time where i actually finish a project so soon. Yeah, got a ton of unfinished or dead ones.

Elite noob modder

Comment

Decided to go ahead and do Dark version....

Now you may think, "All you did was change it to black." This is invalid. You probably can't notice, but I redid the designs from scratch again. I cannot so easily flip a switch and everything that I want black becomes possible on those textures.

I also decided that I should just keep the same type of design.

I will probably make the pants look like the body. I made the pants completely black. I will see how it looks when I change it and if I don't like it, I'll keep it like it is.

I did not want to make the body pitch black. I wanted to have some kind of textures instead of it looking like a MS Paint job ;P.

Front

Back

Side

This is what I like about doing different variations of things. You can mix and match stuff like so..

Some other things I forgot to mention....

You may noticed that some things look "stretched." This is something I can't do anything about. Changing the pants size even more makes the pants something I didn't invisioned in the first place. The body and pants model stay like they are.

I have decided that since I like this project a little more than usual, that for the female versions, it will be a different color and design. I will throw in the black version though.

Don't know about those gkts. May leave them out or just make a 2hed gkt. I'm not ready to go back to weapon making atm.

As a future teaser (a month or two away most likely), I'll be doing a heavy armor type of project. Not my kind of thing, but I want to see how it ends up coming out. I have very high standards so if it doesn't come out right, I will never show to the public.

Elite noob modder

Comment

looking awesome as always also ...someone mentioned that theres a way to keep textures from stretching no matter HOW much you stretch the model...I wish I knew how but I dont I just heard theres a way to do it.
                          A LMFAO production:
                          How to Kill a Ninja----
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

Originally posted by dabadking
                            looking awesome as always also ...someone mentioned that theres a way to keep textures from stretching no matter HOW much you stretch the model...I wish I knew how but I dont I just heard theres a way to do it.
                            From my own knowledge, this only works if the texture can be tiled, and well, tileable textures when it comes to clothing generally doesnt do a good job.

If this isnt it, then im definatly curious.
                            Only Pure Souls Can Resist The Stain Of Blood.

~Yokho~
                            63mnk /63Blu/ ~61 Smn~ /54pld /52rng/46drk/43nin34war/35thf/29whm/18rdm/15drg
                            Former beta tester (Yoko)(drk43/mnk36/sam20/war15)

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

In case you're wondering, I try to spend atleast a hour of my time sometime during the day on modding ffxi.

Anyways, for some reason, I really wanted to start on the female version of it, but I had to redo my head model. So I had to spend a good hour there revamping that. The old one was so ugly xD. After a few more tweaks, I'm satisfied for once with this one xD.

Had a little trouble doing this one at first. Originally, I was going to do a greenish or purplish style, but I said to msyelf "Why not try white?" Doing a white style seems harder than the rest anyways. So I tested myself.

I spent a lot more time on the female version than the male version. The male version I spent 1 hr at the most. For the female version, I have spent about 3 hours making it as detailed as possible. I think I achieved that and like the overall product. Considering its not a solid color of white (Which most mods I've seen in the past usually have), I think I did good job. For some reason, I always spend more time on the female version than the male counterpart.

Enough of my babbling. I did use some textures that I"m planning to use for my future heavy armor project. Can you guess which part ;P? Probably not lol.

Front

Side

Back

Umm yes, after doing that..........umm I don't think I can make the mithra/taru F version look like that lol. If for some reason the body textures are different, I'm not going to spend another 3 hours for each one ;P. So I may just give them the male counterpart since that was easier. Yes, once again, I'm being more of a HF fanatic while ignoring the other female races. Oh.....I forgot EF lol.

A dark version? I don't know, this one was just enough for me. I guess I can do it...........but I put too much detail in this. Will get back to it on Friday or Saturday I guess unless I somehow can get it done between wed-thur.

Elite noob modder

Comment

Working...
                              X