This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic FF Menu Request

Anyone know where I can find these .DAT files? O. o or does this have anything to do with .DAT? I'm pretty sure it does since it's messing with the games graphics...here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Much thanks to anyone who can help me out ;D

-Gosai

Re: Classic FF Menu Request

lol, nice menus o:

I didn't know that menus could be changed!
    I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

oo nice... looks very FF o.O
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Menu's can be changed easily, just like all other .dat's. I seen projects before with changing the .dat for the arrow. I'm pretty sure someone on the forum knows how to do this.
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

I had posted this link in the "Custom Backgrounds" topic; it contains a classic FF menu style that seems to look even nicer than your screenshot ^_^ To me anyways. The downside is that the file you download is a collection of .dds files. I don't have a clue what to do with those. Perhaps they need to be compiled into a single DAT or something?

http://www.geocities.jp/burumakun/souko.html
          Last edited by Codenamexen; 03-26-2006, 05:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link.

Join FFXIDats.com today!

Comment

Check the Windower forms. They were mentioned there sometime ago however theres an errror to the current useage of them if ya do Brenner. It either freezes or closes FFXI. Other than that they say it works everywhere else.

Comment

ok, Ill give you an update on MY status.

As of 1100EST I have been using POLUtils as well as other Apps like ChangeTex to try and rework the windows. I've gotten as far as succesfully PROPERLY coding the Menu BG's so that they show up in game. I have found 1 Font .dat so far [the default in POLUtil] that DOES NOT change the game font at all. I'm pretty sure I've tried it all with .dat-0/0/1, so if you know something I dont, i.e. SUCCESS, please PM me.

atm, and for about the last 4 hours, I have been searching every single .dat file in the game to find out where the font and menu button .dats are located. Although it's a long process, it's quicker than learning JP since I am finding nothing about this from any other source.

As soon as I figure everything out that I want to figure out :

Change Menu Background - Check, too easy.
              Change Button Background - Yup..
              Change fonts - YAR! Mateys...

I will post an easy to read tutorial that every NA can use to do the same.

Patience is a virtue, damnit...

***edit***

Done, check my tute.
              Last edited by PotentPotables; 03-26-2006, 06:07 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm MFin' done...

Comment

i can ask her she's on my server LOL see if i can find out how she did it

Comment

(|Hmmm...|)

I kinda thought this thread would be a tad obsolete after I posted :

"Done, check my Tute.". Where as Tute meant "tutorial" and "Done, check my" meant that I had figured out how to do it, posted a tutorial, and none should have to ask any questions, unless it be out fo range of topic.

I'm dumb, I guess...

In case you suffer from my contagious mental blindness, I posted my tutorial in the .dat modding section under the title, "How to change your Chatlog Background and Chat Fonts...".

Thread title might be misleading...

Comment

Well, considering that you said to check your tutorial and the only link was to your MySpace....people obviously didn't understand until you explained that you made a new thread.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

oh yeah, good point... didn't mean to get hits there, damnit...

I prolly shoulda set up a link... Click the top one people...

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dat...ame.fonts.html

Comment

yes and its a great tutorial i must say to cause i now have the classic FF menus and text and it looks great. Everyone who is looking on how to do this please check out his tutorial but i will tell you one thing you will have to find that change tex program took me a little bit to find it myself do to pages being down or the file not found. but his tutorial explains step by step on how to do it and has a link to a site that you can download the classic ff skin, the only programs you will need are changetex 0.3, graphic converter 3.0 and if you want to check other info on files you can download the program POLutil which i must say is a great program to have if you like looking at file certain file are like me. hope this will hep anyone that is looking on how to do this great mod and great job PotentPotables on the tutorial.

Double Post Edited:
                        P.S. please check out my new fishing mod thread...
                        Last edited by merit; 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

With so many people who use the Archbell windower you'd think their forums would be more popular. =P Here ya go.

Edit: Windower forum links are not allowed.
                          Last edited by TheGrandMom; 03-28-2006, 06:58 AM.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Could you throw that link on the tutorial thread, please? Try and keep this all in one place.

Comment

Cool o.o thanks alot :D

Comment

Working...
                              X