This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated effect .dat switching

Spell Swapper is a program that swaps spell effects, weapon skills, job abilities, etc. automatically. To use the program, first set it to your regional location. See the Set Dir paragraph for more info on this.

Swapping Effects
    To swap effects, click the first button that says "Swap Spells." From here, you can scroll through the entire list, click a category to quickly find a group of spells, or use Search to find a specific effect. First, select the spell you want to change, and hit the OK button. Then, select the spell you wish the first spell be changed to. When you hit OK, you should get the message "Files swapped successfully." Please note that you must restore a spell in order to change it to a different spell.
    3-9-06 Program Update allows you to list effects by game. Select All to show all spells from every game, select FFXI to show all the original effects and spells, Zilart for spells from Rise of the Zilart, and etc.

Restoring Spells
    To restore changed spells to their origional, click the second button that says "Restore Spells." Select the spell you wish to restore, and press the "Restore Spell" button. You should get the message "File restored successfully."

Updating your List of Spells
    To update your list of spells and effects, select the third button "Update Spell List." Your Program Version, version of your current Spell List, and version of the update Spell List will be displayed, as well as information about the update spell list. Press the "Update List" button to download the new list.

Selecting Regional Settings
    If you are unable to use the program, it may be because you must first set your regional settings. To do this, select the fourth button, "Set Dir." From here, you can select your region, or manually type in the location of your Final Fantasy XI\ folder.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

If you are having problems with the program, please make sure there is a folder named "Backups" where you unzipped Spell Swapper. The new version update should fix this anyways.

Download links:

-------------------------------
    Demo Movie by Kudosai:
    http://files.filefront.com/flare2wmv/;4982772;;/fileinfo.html
    -------------------------------

Please check other topic for download~
    Last edited by Lucres; 07-08-2006, 09:54 PM.

Re: Automated effect .dat switching

Now all we need is a "View Spell," "Import Spell," and "Export Spell."

Maybe even one panel, with tabs: swap, and view if you get that far. Mebe something ala MV? :D

edit: And considering you can actually find a way to view spells, perhaps create a way for the spell list to autoupdate itself! For example, a .lst that comes with the viewer. Now, the viewer will automatically update that .lst if there was a recent FFXI update. Perhaps it can somehow detect if FFXi.dll was updated, and from there, know if it has to scan for new .dats, and update accordingly...? Then, there can be a button when you view an unnamed spell that will allow you to enter a spell name. Also, clicking this button on any named spell will allow renaming. Maybe I should study these dats more so I can make a real spell viewer-- I wonder what language(s) I'd need to learn :p
    Last edited by Xaoko; 03-08-2006, 08:40 PM.

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

Thanks for the input, we were thinking about an Import/Export type thing erlier. We're even looking into making a spell viewer.. But, about your Auto-Update suggestion, there really isn't a way to check if .dats in updates are spells, normal textures, models, etc.

Double Post Edited:
      I've just made a new update to the spell lists, click the "Update Spell List" button to attain the new information.

In this update, you can select the Chapter 1 intro CS!! Here are some screenshots:
      http://www.psopower.net/ffxi/spellsw...introcsss1.png
      http://www.psopower.net/ffxi/spellsw...introcsss2.png
      http://www.psopower.net/ffxi/spellsw...introcsss3.png
      Last edited by Lucres; 03-09-2006, 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wow! Neat!
        Thanks! Nice work.

Comment

Any chance you can add the Virelai song? I would like to switch with Charm.

Comment

I was kind of depressed when I downloaded this and found out that the fireworks weren't part of the spell switcher...is there any plans to add them in?
            Current Custom Model Viewer Progress:

Hume ♂: 39/121
            Hume ♀: 375/698
            Elvaan ♂: 86/126
            Elvaan ♀: COMPLETE!
            Tarutaru: 20/191
            Mithra: 146/638
            Galka: 35/68

Comment

Aye, yes, I've been searching for many of the fireworks, Papillion is my priority. I do however have 3 fireworks listed, the Summer Festival fans and the Ghost Mask.. I'll add any fireworks I see in the future.

Edit : I should say, I'll add any MORE fire works I see in the future.
              As for the Verilai song, is that a Bard song? Or an enemy attack? That'll help me add it faster.

And, also, I'd like to make a request: If any of you can find the names to the Enemy Attacks that are listed under NPC Effects, please let me know the proper names so that I can change them.
              Last edited by Lucres; 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Virelai is a level 75 Bard song.. the same effect as Charm but the animation is a lot better than Charm.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm adding a LOT of Bard songs, I hope one will be that one. (And hopefully you'll be able to help me name some! Hehe.)

Comment

Tryed this out, and swaped a couple WS and spells. Works fine and is easy to use but it seems the restore spells thing doesn't work, which sucks. You might want to fix that.

Edit: Restarting FFXI seemed to fix this problem.
                    Last edited by GSYBE; 03-14-2006, 06:09 PM.

Comment

If you do it while playing the game, you will need to change areas for backups to work. Once a spell is used in the field, the game has that spell loaded into memory. When you change zones, the spell is unloaded and read from the .DAT again next time it is used.

So in short, if you change while playing the game, you'll need to zone for backup restore to take effect.

Comment

The Dark buffs you have listed are the elegy series of spells.
                        The Light buffs are March.
                        The Crosshairs are prelude.
                        Clocks are Goblin Gavotte.
                        The purple-red paint is Herb Pastoral.

I haven't looked at them all, but the glyphs look like the 2nd teir bar songs.
                        The circling colored diamonds are the etudes. The larger ones are 2nd tier.
                        The Stone2 bard song is Gold Capricco. (bar-petra song)

Just thought I'd help.
                        Great work you've done!

Comment

Thanks a lot eriiko, I fixed the ones you mentioned. :D

Comment

any idea where the ranger aern shot is? its a beam of light they shoot from their hand. really cool looking IMO
                            75 SMN, 75BLM, 65 BLU, 63 WHM, 37 RDM, 39 BRD, 32 BST, 15 THF, 12 NIN

Comment

Like this program, keep up the good work

heres some corrections from a 75 bard ^^

Bard Song ?? Blue Glow = Sword Madrigal
                              Bard Song ?? Blue Glow II = Blade Madrigal
                              Bard Song ?? Blue Glow & Green elec = Sheepfoe Mambo
                              Bard Song ?? Blue Glow & Green elec II = Dragonfoe Mambo
                              Bard Song ?? Blue Glow & Green elec III = Fowl Aubade
                              Bard Song ?? Blue Glow & Green elec IV = Herb Pastoral
                              Bard Song ?? Converging stars = ?? [unused?]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging darkness = Shining Fantasia
                              Bard Song ?? Converging stones = Scop's Operetta
                              Bard Song ?? Converging smoke = Puppet's Operetta (not sure on this one, don't have this song)
                              Bard Song ?? Converging smoke II = ?? [unused?]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging stones II = Gold Capriccio
                              Bard Song ?? Converging paint splats = ?? Herb Pastoral II? [unused?]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging skull icons = Warding Round
                              Bard Song ?? Converging bubbles = ?? [unused?]
                              Herb Pastoral = ?? [unused] (this one is named wrong. Real Herb Pastoral is shown above)
                              Bard Song ?? Converging hearts = ?? Charm resistance song? [unused?]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging flames = Fire Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging ice = Ice Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging wind = Wind Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging dust = Earth Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (green) = Lightning Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (blue) = Water Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (yellow) = Light Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (black) = Dark Carol
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (red/fire) = Fire Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (purple/ice) = Ice Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (green/wind) = Wind Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (brown/earth) = Earth Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (yellow/lightning) = Lightning Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (blue/water) = Water Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (yellow/light) = Light Carol II [unused]
                              Bard Song ?? Converging glyphs (black/darkness) = Dark Carol II [unused]
                              >^.^< Mitsune of Ragnarok >^.^<
                              BRD 75 / RDM 75 / WHM 75 / SMN 53 / BLM 40
                              DRG 32 / THF 29 / DRK 24 / WAR 20 / BST 16
                              MNK 9
                              << So Cute ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X