Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks like Japanese people are noticing American .DAT work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like Japanese people are noticing American .DAT work.

Much like the topic title implies, it looks like the JP side of FFXI is noticing the NA's work. One example would be something like this.

From my understanding in reading the Japanese text, the poster mentions something regarding the original artist's work and fumbling with the motion? I could be wrong... I don't know. But I remember the first time I saw the original .DAT was on Shadow's website-- I'm not sure if Shadow was the original creator.

I've also seen Amadaun's gothic Tarutaru coat on MMO XOOPS as well.

Plus Hume Female Gilgamesh's outfit as it was pointed out to me by DonasRaul in AIM. I remember Shadow was working on that.

In addition to that, on the same page, the Japanese people there seem to be also tweaking with Custom Body Animations And Motions... I guess they've cracked the code there, which could pretty much open the door for you guys who wanna take .DAT editing a step even further.

I don't know, what do you guys think?
    ___
    ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )
    http://devifoxx.deviantart.com/ ←☆★ My Artist's Portfolio ★☆

- DeviFoxx -

Re: It looks like Japanese people are noticing American .DAT work.

Kilandor has been in contact with the Japanese creator of VRS. We might have some very exciting developments over the next week or two.

Comment

I hope a newer VRS would be able to import more types than just dat. (That was were I seemed to get stuck with making a FFX models to FFXI models.)

Comment

Well, that's cool, Strom.

Good to hear from you again, by the way.

About the body motions I mentioned... on MMO XOOPS... Someone made a rather provocative /sit Animation for Hume Female... sort of sitting on her back in a "walking crab" position...

It's not so much that position is what's got me interested, it's that it opens the doors to more body positions. Like different battle stances. I wish us Elvaan Males didn't hold a one-handed sword in such a fruity way.

Another thing is Selh'teus wings for Mithra. The interesting thing about that .DAT is it creates a red Aura around it much like the Selh'teus NPC itself. I remember in the past that someone was talking about if it was possible to add a "fire" effect to Tenzen's Great Katana much like they did in that one cutscene. If someone figured out how these particle effects worked, theoretically that could be possible. Or there could be other effects where Summoners can have the aura glow around them that their avatars have.

I'm just throwing ideas out there...

Well, take a look at it, I suppose. You might like what you see.
        ___
        ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

One of the things I noticed about some of the JPN skill was to make monsters that were actually dressed player characters (like the armor was set and the model was used as a monster).

It's a tad tough to explain...but imagine your current character with current equips as a monster.
          All spells obtained!
          Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Yeah. I saw that. They did one with Cornelia and swapped her with the Acrophies in Qufim Island... And they also swapped all the Orc mobs with Elvaan Females in "Dancer" gear with Orc Helms on...

I need to figure out how to do that for my FFXI Movie... Wuhahahahaha... Mutated Fomors On The Loose...!!
            ___
            ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

im really excited about all the recent interest in animation mod's as is a topic ive been trying to find info on. Really lookin forward to seeing what comes up in the next 1-2 months in this regard.

Comment

Yeah. This is the picture I was talking about with the Orcs as Elvaan Females? Anyone know how something like this could be done? I'm under the assumption that it's the same principal around how Fomors are animated.
                Attached Files
                ___
                ( 『My Personal Site♪』 )

- DeviFoxx -

Comment

Also people may have not noticed this but changing to an avatar/other mobs (Zm pieces) your attack "hits" change from the usual blue/white color to a mob attack color which is like a cloud of .. reddish/pink uhh colors

also as mentioned above I like how there is more interest in animation, hopefully in future we will have full animation edits instead of just 1 frame. Always wanted to do a blow kiss motion like from Dragon quest 8 with jessica XD
                  Last edited by Gulkeeva; 03-06-2006, 03:41 PM.

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

Originally posted by DeviFoxx
                    Yeah. This is the picture I was talking about with the Orcs as Elvaan Females? Anyone know how something like this could be done? I'm under the assumption that it's the same principal around how Fomors are animated.
                    Not sure how it would be done, but I can assume. You'd have to open up all the pieces of armor/face/etc in VRS, and put it all into one file, so that file had the entire model needed. Switch that with the orc model, then switch the orc skeleton with the elvaan F skeleton. That sounds easy enough, but since most npc skeletons are in the same .dat as the model itself, somehow we'd have to get the elvaan F skeleton in that file as well. We *may* be able to do this with a hex editor, I haven't really looked into it.
                    If doing something isn't fun, it's not worth doing...

Current record:

All problems can be solved with a string array!

Comment

Originally posted by DeviFoxx
                      Too much artifacing... see how there's weird colors around the weapon edges? It almost looks like a horrible cut and paste job, not something to glamorize on the internet. It's not like they're doing a great job of texture swapping. I'm assuming you can't just drop a .dat and rename it to fit whatever you are trying to replace...

Comment

Suppose if we could find the "base" models for the 8 playable characters...like the actual skeleton file, then just adjust the "unlclothed" versions...maybe that would do it...

Edit: Like take the base Elvaan Female model, then swap in some outfits when they're in undressed phase.

The only thing I'd see not working is maybe head selection...the type of head I mean.
                        All spells obtained!
                        Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Just i noticed that the two elvaans in the first pick has...... bigger breasts than original? Japanese are really the first in everything lol.
                          Signature, ah!

Comment

Working...
                          X