Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FFXI DAT Community website. COMMING SOON!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FFXI DAT Community website. COMMING SOON!

Hi Guys,

My name is Monkeh from server gilgamesh.

I am currently making a website for FFXI dat files to share, compare and gather together a FFXI dat file / skinning community. ( ITS NOT UP YET )

I have already done this for the game Black and White : www.BWSource.com
    please feel free to check it out so you know what I am on about

I am looking for DAT file editors to get in touch and send me there work. In return they will get there own personal status on the website when it is up.

All files submitted will be displayed with there image and the download hosted for free.

E.G : http://www.asreid.com/rd/page.php?id=28

Also they will get there own forums to gather requests and showcase there new files.

please email me or add my msn via : zenith_design@hotmail.com

thanks
    Last edited by Zenith; 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM.

Re: New FFXI DAT Community website. COMMING SOON!

let me know when its up, i got a few mod's for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Zenith
      Hi Guys,

My name is Monkeh from server gilgamesh.

I am currently making a website for FFXI dat files to share, compare and gather together a FFXI dat file / skinning community. ( ITS NOT UP YET )

I have already done this for the game Black and White : www.BWSource.com
      please feel free to check it out so you know what I am on about

I am looking for DAT file editors to get in touch and send me there work. In return they will get there own personal status on the website when it is up.

All files submitted will be displayed with there image and the download hosted for free.

E.G : http://www.asreid.com/rd/page.php?id=28

Also they will get there own forums to gather requests and showcase there new files.

please email me or add my msn via : zenith_design@hotmail.com

thanks
      If I'm not mistaken, Kilandor's forum is almost exactly the same...

Comment

It is, but hey! Not too bad to have a second source! ^0^

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

The giant fish was caught,

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

By a monster whom would raid

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

It would be nice to have all .dat files including images sorted on a website. ^^
          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

You see! ^-^ I'm sure evryone (or most) would be up for it.

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

The giant fish was caught,

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

By a monster whom would raid

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

I'm sure everyone already was up for it once. That's why Kilandor's website has a forum area like that. And it was pretty difficult getting people to go there to begin with.

We don't need another site. We don't need more places for information to get scattered and hotlinked to. We have enough places between this, Kilandor's, and the JP sites.

Not trying to be rude, I'm sure your website would be great. But we really don't need another extension for things that are already hard to find for people.
              §· White Mages are given their gift to help people ·§
              §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
              Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Monet

We don't need another site. We don't need more places for information to get scattered and hotlinked to. We have enough places between this, Kilandor's, and the JP sites.

Not trying to be rude, I'm sure your website would be great. But we really don't need another extension for things that are already hard to find for people.
                Thats understandable Monet, but let me just clear a few things up..

no 1. The site will not just be a forum. It will have pages of information, file downloads, images of each file and also a place to grab old files and help if needed with dat fook ups. yes we will have a forum but this will contain a showcase for file makers and a place to request files as an addon to the main site.

no 2. Skinners or ( dat makers ) will be able to upload the dat files and screenshots to the site themselves. This saves time on skinners having to wait for people to host the files for them.

no 3. I have seen many posts on this site on people hunting dat files they can not find. one thing our site will have will be "file hunters" whos job it is to take these requests and find files new and old to put on the site.

no 4. All credit is given to each and every file maker. For dat makers this could be a place to get noticed as we have had alot of success with BWSource.com skinners with this.

no 5. NOTHING will be hotlinked. All files will be hosted by us.

no 6. There will be a "Dat File of the month" run on the first of every month in hope to keep the files comming in. ( Signature rewards E.G : http://www.asreid.com/rd/forums.php?m=posts&q=17 )

no 7. our front page will consist of a rotating banner showing off new and old dat files from our members.

Plus more we havent added yet but hope too.

I understand your concerns but all I ask if you feel this way is to check the site out once it is fully up.

I am not trying to take the shine away from this site at all and I admire all who submit there files here as a community, if anything we would wish to affiliate.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Domain will be : www.FFXIDats.com ( will post once site is up )

Comment

This is making me wanna get my new lap top soon to be able to use .dat and skins pimping out my drg well atleast for me ^^ im on ps2 atm but switching back over.
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

You and Kilndor shoulda just brainstormed together something. Keep his forums, add your idea for .dat posting.

I like the idea of having a place where thumbnails of .dats are shown and able to be downloaded. Please be sure to add category functions to the download/upload process. Like Race>Sex>Armor Type.

I like the sound of your idea, but my damn favorites folder is too big to begin with...^^
                    §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

For some reason that sound like a good idea

Your Mine Dogs Mahahaha

Comment

You and Kilndor shoulda just brainstormed together something. Keep his forums, add your idea for .dat posting.
                        Anyone have Kildors email? I'd like to welcome his ideas to the site if he would be intrested

Comment

Kilandor's site has mainly focused on the tools and techniques for modding and not so much the mods/modders themselves. He also maintains very strict control over the site, which is good for information but not so good for creative exchange. I like his site and visit it often, but I really like the idea of a place dedicated to the mods and modders, and I plan on actively participating in Zenith's site.
                          Gia - Sandy Rank 10
                          RDM75/WHM75/BLM75/BRD75/SMN62/PLD61

Comment

I'm sure everyone already was up for it once. That's why Kilandor's website has a forum area like that. And it was pretty difficult getting people to go there to begin with.

that is where you are wrong -.- we do not have a site like htis for .DATs yet, the JP do...but not us, I think it will be a nice adition to the comunity
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Before it was clarified that posting would be done in thumbnail fashion, we had a site exactly like the idea posted. You can goto General Dats in Kilandor's forum and get just aboue every .dat you've seen on here. Beyond that, there was Devifoxx's Collection.

That being said, I think a thumbnail site would be fine, but I still think that the 2 main ones should just be combined, rather than seperate. Kinda like a Modding Wal-Mart.

»··· BUT ···«

Comment

Working...
                              X