Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FFXI DAT Community website. COMMING SOON!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New FFXI DAT Community website. COMMING SOON!

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulkeeva
      That sounds scary, you better be talking about mithra
      You allready know

<----- Mithra

Your Mine Dogs Mahahaha

Comment

Yep. Already looking very, very nice.

Comment

Sorry for lack of updates guys im waiting on my phone company to connect my new BB line to my new flat.

Moving house aint fun, but rest assured there will be updates as soon as I can upload stuff!

<< currently on a family members connection >>

Comment

Just to update.

Site is nearly finished and will be online ready for members on www.FFXIDats.com as soon as we find a damn good host!

Will post soon! Sorry for the long wait with me moving house and all that jaz. ugh!

Comment

Very nice. I like the idea completely. Just as long as you don't keep hosting gil selling ads I'll be okay >.<

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcaus
                Very nice. I like the idea completely. Just as long as you don't keep hosting gil selling ads I'll be okay >.<
                hence the donate button ^^'

Hosting this many files with cgi dont come free

Comment

I like the way this site sounds, and the beta looks nice. If the final product turns out well I might start releasing my .dats there (currently using Kilandor's). Looking forward to it being complete.
                  Last edited by Korith; 01-26-2006, 05:24 PM.

Click to check out all my works

Comment

needs to be a site displaying adult type .dat's too.. heh heh heh... not like I do anything crazy here >.>

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

we supppossed to get one too gulkeeva hehe

better anyway O.o

Comment

gulkeeva with no restrictions... that's a scary thought...

Comment

I'd really like to see a good feedback system implemented. This would only apply to members, since it would be hard to force anything on people who aren't members.

Something similar to what they've done at Anime Music Videos
                          http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php

Perhaps make it so that after you've downloaded something, you can give it a rating on a 1-10 scale. Make leaving a long response optional. I do know one of the more agrivating things I've experienced is getting little/no feedback on my dat files.

Thoughts?

Comment

well, depends on how you will show files to members. if you show the pic before downloading a straight 1-10 raiting may not work. But maybe a checklist of ratings showing how good the dat works. Like a list of things they can rate like "performance in-game" "texture quality" "lightign quality" things like that. I've seen several dats that looked nice in the picture... but the skin texture was offcolored, or had glitches that made it look funny if you used it as an incomplete set. Just an idea if you think it wouldn't be hard to implement, or if you'd want to spend the time hehe.

Comment

Well, you wouldn't be able to rate a file until after you downloaded it. Hopefully, people would have actually tried it out before rating it, to see how well it looks ingame and whatnot. Also like what you mentioned about the different catagories.

But, I have no experience making websites, so I wouldn't be able to help you do this. Maybe someone else around here could, lol.

Another possibility would be this. After you download a file, you're allowed to post a 'review' of the dat. Completely optional, you'd have to be a membe to leave a review of it. Anyone would be able to read the reviews of the dat, or maybe just the creater.... I dunno.

Comment

Here is a b3ta of one of the download pages and its comments row...

http://www.asreid.com/ffxidats/page.php?id=16

As you can see the review/comments are set out the same as alkazams website, so yes you will need to be logged in to submit a review but you will also be able to post images of you using the dat in game.

Also we have had to make it so you can download any Dat file without being logged in but can only download +18 once logged in :

http://www.asreid.com/ffxidats/list.php?c=skins

This is so we dont restrict the under 18s or those without permission.

Site should be up and running soon as.

Comment

Working...
                                X