This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-127-49

Orz...accidently deleted this one ; ;. I usually double check to make sure I have backups before I go .dat crazy, but this time I don't know what I was thinking. If anyone would be kind enough to help me get it back, would be much appreciated.

Re: 1-127-49

Here you go.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, but that wasn't the right dat ; ;. The dat is supposed to be osode for mithras but that dat just made the char distorted sort of x_x;.

Comment

Try this one.
        Attached Files

More Weapons

Comment

Thank you XD. Now to make sure to back it up ><.

Comment

Doh, sorry about that.

Comment

Seems like someone should make a program to integrate some of what Model Viewer does with a structured setup to allow secured swap outs of original data and the moded .dats.

Sould be a simple program to make. Then you can avoid these accidents.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Kind of like that JP race converter program?

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                  Seems like someone should make a program to integrate some of what Model Viewer does with a structured setup to allow secured swap outs of original data and the moded .dats.

Sould be a simple program to make. Then you can avoid these accidents.
                  I've actually been planning on doing this. To actually use the MV list files. And Beable to save Lists of dat mods you change. That way when you have to Patch FFXI. You can swap back the orginals then after the patch just simply 1 click and put them back. Also A Backup Method. Similar to Model Viewer. I have to talk with my friend though. I'm having a lan party tomorrow. So i'll get to talk to him then. Can't promise when I might get this done but Hopefully one day. Because it would be really nice I agree.
                  Join Us at FFXI Mod Community! A great site for support! Don't forget TuTWiki, open community Wiki. Also Every User Gets 100mb To Upload Images/Dats easily! All Users Can Edit Thier own Dat Submissions!

FFXI Mod Community - Join Us!

GrumpyRarab Tutorials!

Need A Program to Swap Dats Easy And Back them up for you Then you need Dat Copier!
                  FFXI Dat Copier - By Me!

Comment

i just right-clicked on the ROM folder and chose copy, then paste lol.

now i got a backup of every file^^ at least, every file in rom-1

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                    I live to entertain!

Comment

Originally posted by aegina
                      i just right-clicked on the ROM folder and chose copy, then paste lol.

now i got a backup of every file^^ at least, every file in rom-1
                      problem still that we were addressing with the statement, was that after switching around the .dats enough you get confused of which are which.

A program to keep all of this in order would help out a LOT, fairly easy to do also. As long as you have something it indicate to the program that FFXI has been updated, then it could out find the new .dats that didn't exist or detail had changed and then mark/copy for recreating a default section (One that is seperate and suggested to not be messed with to the users).

Then have it create another folder which it adds the new .dats into with it's own structure. Set it up so you can add in a new .dat for the program to "register" and can identify were it would go and your set, a program to act as Intermidiator between the user created .dats and the FFXI defaults. Set it up so it can save .dat layouts and you can create themed layouts that's easier to keep in order of what's happening.

That'll greatly reduce or elliminate confusion from making those switches out manually.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

What I do is make a folder with the name of that dat file (Copy_49) and move the original to it (also include any renamed dats/mods that I want to swap it with).

Then when the patcher goes in, it doesn't overwrite my changes and the folder is still there. Second, I write down all my swaps and their locations on notepad and save that somewhere else.

More Weapons

Comment

Working...
                        X