This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFT Lancer

Well, I liked the look of lancers in final fantasy tactics, so i wanted to make that look in ffxi. i took the liberty to change a few things to ffxi-ize it, but here is the original picture that i based the armor upon.

from first glance, it kinda looks similar to the im cuirass, so i decided to use that as the base for the reskin. Here's what i ended up with.

i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. what do you all think?

also, in-game, the leg and butt armor from the cuirass is still there, but they are gone in the model viewer. what's going on?
    Last edited by Schubes; 12-13-2005, 01:08 PM.

Re: FFT Lancer

sexy:D:D, make the earry things bigger and convert to kitty!
    dude, could someone pleaseeeeeeee try to make the female on there, it looks crazy, and P.S you did very good work
    Last edited by OG Night; 12-13-2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Not bad at all, Taz like! ^_^ I think I'll work on one similar for female hume and elvaan

"Nauti by nay-cha, not cause I hate-cha!"

Comment

Originally posted by Schubes
        also, in-game, the leg and butt armor from the cuirass is still there, but they are gone in the model viewer. what's going on?
        Were there transparencies involved in the model? The most common reason for a discrepancy between game and model viewer on transparencies seems to be a question of the alpha encoding engine. The old instructions on phabin's site suggested to use the 'S3 Encode Engine' option for merging transparencies back into the files, but while this may work in-game it is known not to work in the model viewer. 'My Encode Engine' option is said to work in both. The instructions have since been modified.
        Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
        DRK99,DNC91,THF90
        Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
        Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
        WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
        Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
        All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
        Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
        Clothcraft 24
        Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
        BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

very very awesome!!!

make it for Hume female now please!!! ^_^

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaryn
              Were there transparencies involved in the model? The most common reason for a discrepancy between game and model viewer on transparencies seems to be a question of the alpha encoding engine. The old instructions on phabin's site suggested to use the 'S3 Encode Engine' option for merging transparencies back into the files, but while this may work in-game it is known not to work in the model viewer. 'My Encode Engine' option is said to work in both. The instructions have since been modified.
              i used the 'My Encode Engine' everytime. certain things don't want to be transparent in-game though. in example, the arm flaps on the IM cuirass right underneath the shoulder armor is completely gone both in-game and in the model viewer, but the leg flaps and the butt flap is still there.

Comment

Finally someone did what i've wanted to do but was to lazy to ask someone to do it. XD I think it looks awsome, but as a request if you want to, could you cover the mouth and nose with like a mask but still have the helmet, kind of like in the original pic, and could you make it green armor with gold trim. I know it may sound like a lot, but it would be cool to see i and you dont have to do it, just a request. Thank you and again good job on the armor it rocks ^^.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Very nice. Makes me jealous that I can't make them worth a darn. Need to find to time to practice. Again, great work.

Comment

it looks good. gj.

Comment

Just recolor the DRG armor to silver :D

Double Post Edited:
                      Just recolor the DRG armor to silver, that would probably look alot better D:
                      Last edited by Colenzo; 12-14-2005, 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sadly, my attempt to make the female armor for hume females wasn't as successful >< The dress more than anything else. I'm not giving up, I'll continue to try

"Nauti by nay-cha, not cause I hate-cha!"

Comment

Please try your best Nautica. I'm planing on going Hume Female Dragoon on Odin once I get going.

Comment

heres my version of the lancer helm (I know it isnt perfect ...hey it took 5 minutes whaddaya expect? lol...anyways with that dress...i can make that easily but... Only if someone who uses VRS can add the armor part from the top to a cloak...then I can make the dress almost exact

------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------

Ok I added the file in case ayone wanted it ..it works for hume males only..sorry but changing the whole model to every race takes forever for me, as im still new to this whole making .dats thing..converting skins is easy but...the only way I know to make a model for all races...is to remake the whole thing every time so ... If anyone knows a quick way, Id love to know, then I can make my stuff for all races before I release them.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dabadking; 12-21-2005, 11:16 PM.
                            A LMFAO production:
                            How to Kill a Ninja----
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76&q=askaninja

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

OMFG yes!!! Thank you for the face guard! Its awesome!
                              ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Working...
                              X