This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Texture and Transparency (?)

I would like to ask about a good technique to replicate skin texture. I have seen models where the skin looks flat and matte because it has no texture/shading. Other than cloning, I don't know of a way, and cloning has its own pitfalls.

Also, is it possible to set armor transparency? As in, is there a default skin texture that would be used where there is transparency? I was fooling around with my first-ever attempt at modding using the Leather Vest, and it looked like there were "transparent" areas that would default to skin texture, but when I expanded those areas, I got black shapes in their place. If there is no "transparency" or means to default to skin texture, then I would need to know a good way to do skin textures.

Thank you!

Here is my result. It looks really bad, I know. I wanted to remove the shoulders, collar, and hip elements.

Re: Skin Texture and Transparency (?)

post the dat file and I'll do it

Comment

I appreciate the help.

To be more clear, I want the entire collar removed, not just the upstanding part around the neck.

The first .zip is the original .DAT. The second is my modfied file. It is the .dds file, though. I don't know if you can use it like that.

Could you also give a brief rundown of what you are doing? I would like to learn how to do this myself, too.

Thank you again!
      Attached Files

Comment

k I'll work on after helping my friend with G2. So you want the neck collar and the white part gone? so head to shoulder is reveling?

Comment

Originally posted by Noobed
          k I'll work on after helping my friend with G2. So you want the neck collar and the white part gone? so head to shoulder is reveling?

Yes, please, as well as the hip elements (the guards that hang off the belt).

How are you doing this? Are you just redrawing it, adding in the skin, etc, or is there a way to remove elements without having to draw in new skin?

Comment

Just bumping. Someone said they'd help me out, and its been awhile, so I was just wondering if they forgot. :3

Can anyone give me information on replication skin texture?

Comment

Working...
            X