This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Dat Swapping Help

Sorry for an annoying request. I haven't done like any .dat swapping or anything, I was just curious how would I turn yinyang robe into that blue dalmatica (the one where the little taru wheres in CoP :x) . I have no idea what the #'s of the files are, just wondering if anyone can help? kthx^^

Re: Small Dat Swapping Help

there isn't an actual file for the blue dalmatica, it will have to be created by somebody

that dalmatica is part of the skin for the entire NPC...somebody could probably take the texture of the NPC dalmatica and overlay it onto the old dalmatica for you =\

Comment

Body pices can be somewhat tricky. That being said, it uses the same pointer as the Jujitsu Gi, so every monk of your race you see running around will be using the blue dalmataca. That being said, it's a fairly simple process if you're experienced with doing it. Which race are you? Hume Male?

Edit: Attatched the Blue Dalmatica BMP. Alpha map was just solid white so I didn't bother including that.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stromgarde; 11-05-2005, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Actually.. theyve already been done... and I have no idea why I havent submitted them to be added to the collection yet. I'm sorry.

http://www.geocities.jp/taru2wizard/

(its the Download link under the pic of the chebukkis... and it doesnt like me hotlinking it.)

theres actually 6 .dat's in that file the body piece and what I assume are the heads for the 3 tarus

the blue dalmatica one should be cherukki if I remember correctly

quick tutorial: You look up in modelviewer the image for the yinyang robe (which is 1-47-53) and change the name of the cherukki body .dat from the zipfile.
        then navigate to the ROM/47/53.dat file in your ffxi folder, rename the 53.dat to keep it for backup, rename the cherukki body.dat from the zipfile to 53.dat and put it in that folder (rom/47/) and youre all set.

but of course.. that will only work if youre tarutaru =p if youre another race youll need to find someone able to port it for you.
        Last edited by Nicolette; 11-06-2005, 07:23 AM.
        75 SMN, 75BLM, 65 BLU, 63 WHM, 37 RDM, 39 BRD, 32 BST, 15 THF, 12 NIN

Comment

Yeah I am a hume male /cry

Also the link is broken...

Comment

I've taken a look at the .dds files. This isn't a simple texture swap, the orientation of the components is totally different from taru to hume. I'm not sure what would be the easiest way to do this, but it sure won't be easy.

Comment

Working...
            X