This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metasequoia Tips?

I find it fun to sometimes try my hand at .dat edits using Meta but about 99% of the time when I try to apply the new model into viewing in the model viewer it looks like a hedgehog ate a bomb and then my character ate that hedgehog as the bomb exploded ^_^; The model looks fine in Meta, but something seems to get lost in the crossover to the final .dat. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help and time.

Re: Metasequoia Tips?

Originally posted by disa
    I find it fun to sometimes try my hand at .dat edits using Meta but about 99% of the time when I try to apply the new model into viewing in the model viewer it looks like a hedgehog ate a bomb and then my character ate that hedgehog as the bomb exploded ^_^; The model looks fine in Meta, but something seems to get lost in the crossover to the final .dat. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help and time.
    yeah I get the same problem adding new thigns in even tried lowering the polygon count n such.. ;;

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

This is a common problem with metasequoia. As far as I can tell, you get this problem because Metasequoia simply can't do everything. You can move vertexes, lines and faces around, you can even reapply different textures and determine where the textures will be layed on the model, but at least in metasequoia you cannot add or delete and vertexes. The only program I've seen able to do this is Virtual Reality Studio, a Japanese program that looks like it was made just to mess with stuff in FFXI.

It's in here that you can add and delete vertexes, as well as set what vertex follows what bone. I've been trying for the longest time to figure this program out, but all of the walkthroughs I can find are in Japanese. Though I ran them through a translator, there are still a few important steps missing. On top of that, the entire program is in Japanese with no swipeable text, so it's rather difficult for me to translate it. There may be another program that can do this, or an english version of VRS, but I am yet to find it. Best of luck figuring it out. I know I've got a link around here somewhere... ah, here it is

Oh, and this is my first post here, hello everybody
      If doing something isn't fun, it's not worth doing...

Current record:

All problems can be solved with a string array!

Comment

The reason Metasequoia cannot add or delete verticies is because it cannot edit the .mcd files in which certain information is kept on the vertices. VRS can do this but there is no English version so until someone decides to try an attempt a conversion (i.e. like our model viewer) or a program of their own, we are SOL.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
        Personality Tests

Comment

Yeah, I had seen VRS a long time ago but at the time thought "Well I have Meta so why do I need 2 programs?" and never bothered to get it ><; I really hope someone looks into translating the program.

Comment

Yeah I ran VRS... clicked randomly alot stuff.. couldn't get anything to happen w

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

I was poking around VRS earlier, and it seems really , really powerful; if only we could figure out what the hell everything does. I did find something extremely interesting out however while babelfishing some of the page that was linked;

This is the tool that can alter texture dimentions.

The limit is apparently 128x256, but for certain things that is four times what was previously available in terms of square pixels. I can't figure out how to get it to stick, but apparently .dds is compatable.

Comment

Well I found a version of VRS, but when I try to open it, it is just a window with two blanks to be filled and trys to connect to the internet. I'm guessing this is a registration page but I dunno if there is particular info I need to input here or not. It won't let me past this screen though until I input info for it.

Also, does anyone know what directory I need to put EwhModel? It gives me an error regardless of where I put it >_<

Comment

Guest and Guest is the username and password, respectively.

Comment

Working...
                  X