This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your custom models!

can someone make a reply about how you can change the models in-game? like yal lare doing in thesse pics, do you need a special program or something? if so can yo upost link

Comment

to change models in game, people are modifying the .dat files and then replacing the existing files for one armor with the altered ones

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
      Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
      Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

so basically go in to the files, change the one for the specific armor i want in photoshop and put it back? aslo is there a progam to test it out like a model thing?

Comment

Heres the basics: (Use google to find the programs Im not giving any links)

Use modelveiwer to find the file path of the armour you want to edit. (file path is displayed in the top right of the MV window under the minimize and close buttons)

Get Changetex and use it. (this extracts the dds(skin) from the dat file.)

Use photoshop or w/e other program you use that can edit dds.

Use changetex to put the edited dds back into the dat.

Check that the reskin looks alright with modelveiwer. (if not just re-edit the reskin, somtimes you need to use trail and improvement...)

If you need more help send me a PM, I will try to answer as soon as I can.

Linkshell(s) : BritishGeezers, SoulPirates, ThreadsOfFate - Roleplaying LS of Ragnarok, and Anzana HNMls.
          LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seldzar/

Comment

Has anyone played around with Metasequoia yet or is there an English equivilant that can allow the actual designing of armor rather than just texture editing? I know JP have done this as I have downloaded a bunch of differant .DATs from MMO XOOPs and other places.

Also, does anyone know the passwords or can read the Japanese at the top of the page so we can unzip the .DAT files posted at http://dattt.nobody.jp/dat.html. I ran it through babelfish, but the instructions on the password didn't make any sense (no surprises there).

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
            Personality Tests

Comment

2 mithra edits, 3 sort of.. atari hoodie, hakama (normally male-only style), and rng camo-wear. also have blue jeans, but too small of an edit to post

camo: http://dan-rouse.com/ffimg/mods/rng_camo.jpg

for actual building models from scratch, the best way i see to do is open the models in VRS(link can be found on bbs posts, i don't have it anymore) export to something more usable(the program itself is very limited) such as .3ds, open and edit to your liking, reverse the process to put it back in the game. a friend of mine exports to maya and makes funny things MQ itself is very limited, the export method modelviewer uses is very much static...removing or creating polygons makes for errors, so all you can really do is resize and move around.

i'm making tarutaru bunny suit right now for kicks, i was told it was made before(only a screenshot though, no download)...anyone have a link to that picture?

Comment

I just made this one ^^
                Attached Files
                ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Is there any way to alter the number of polygons in an image, or change the skin map to different dimentions? I made a moderately good Soul Edge (Elvaan M model), but I'd like to upgrade the texture resolution and actually be able to make it look as it should.

The .DAT file is attatched (I dropped it into ROM/38/113.DAT to overwrite the Subduer/Glorious Sword model), and the image itself is below.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stromgarde; 07-13-2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Here we go, it is almost finished, I dont know what it needs...but soemthing is stil missing............ oh an if you have not figured, these are thumbnails :p so clicky clicky ^.^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea-D
                      Here we go, it is almost finished, I dont know what it needs...but soemthing is stil missing............ oh an if you have not figured, these are thumbnails :p so clicky clicky ^.^

wow! i like a lot ^^ very good!

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
                      Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
                      Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

My retextured Koenig Shield and Durandal come-Platinum/Titanium/Gold Hunting Sword are visible in my sig.

Sorry for the blur, I like the cheezy effects :D

Check out all of my 'art' over at DeviantArt.

Comment

This was just a test because of it being my first time fooling with FFXI textures. This have probably been done so many times before but oh well

http://www.boomspeed.com/orizonco/bluemagecopy.jpg

I would of attached it but it's to big.

Comment

Those are so cool XD how do you change it lol

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

...and once more to acheive maximum visibility...
                              The one known bad area is marked on faulty.jpg, but since I don't forsee a whm ever using a bow, that particular animation will have no effect on the armor. Other than /ra animation, everything else turned out fine. Let ma know what ya think, cuz i spent about 8hrs [stupidity] on this...
                              Attached Files
                              §· White Mages are given their gift to help people ·§
                              §· To charge a person in need of that gift is against all White Mage principles ·§

»··· BUT ···«

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
                              Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for the rest of his life.

Comment

Ahhh, all this mod uploading that I'm doing on my site is making me want to mod again! Unfortunately, I cannot spend as much time on it because my schedule is really tight and the fact that I'm trying to spend that free time maintaining my site.

So, this is a project I did when I first started modding back early 2004. I finished the elvaan male version, but never the HF one. I am planning to give both a texture update and also finish the HF one because the body model is sucking azz right now. The only thing that is even remotely complete on the HF is the pants.

I released the EM version on my site Saturday because I feel its as complete as I can get it, but I'm going to work on the textures some more when I can. The HF version will be quite awhile because most of my free time goes to my site. Just don't have enough time or brainpower to finish it up hence is why I stopped long ago. Port to other races is probable, but I wouldn't start until late November.

This is something new here. I started work on this awhile ago while changing the head model up a bit. Its my rendition of WHM AF. It is basically a redesign of it.

I don't really have plans on doing the hat or hands just because I don't like the whm af1 hands. And I don't like the hat either. But I will do it eventually.

It's not done yet, but I plan on putting up a beta on my site consisting of the body and legs sometime. The shoes are half done so its not going to be included. Once everything is done, I'll port it to all other races since this project only involved changing the textures and will be simple to port.

~Peace

Elite noob modder

Comment

Working...
                                X