No announcement yet.

Does Field/Worker gear help Excavation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Field/Worker gear help Excavation?

For the past few days i've been going out excavating in Tahrongi Canyon, to attempt to dig up Chicken Bones. Each day i wear Worker Boots/Gloves and Field Tunica/Hose and from what i've noticed all pieces help one or two things (ex. logging, mining, or Harvesting.) but none seem to effect Excavation. Seems like i find more chicken bones on Firesday and Lightningsday and i have alot more pickaxe breaks on Iceday and Windsday, and also on these two days i find more bone chips. Have any of you noticed less pickaxe breaks with gear on or noticed better findings?
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: Does Field/Worker gear help Excavation?

hmm it doesn't say excavating in the item description. But I have a feeling that it should help tho. Don't really know.

I heard it only lessen breaks and not really improving result.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I am interested in this too. Seems strange they would not help with Excavation but then the legs don't have help with Mining so I don't wear them while mining, so why would they help with Excavation if it doesn't say so...

Also, do you think that Worker gear helps with H.E.L.M. more or is the only advantage of the Worker gear the extra defense?

I haven't done any real testing, but I only notice less pickaxes breaking when I mine with field gear on as opposed to without. It didn't really seem to have an effect on what I dug up.

edit: Also, I "feel" like I get better drops when mining on full moon. Also, I think full moon darksday is best drops. Note that this is just how I feel and is kind of a superstition, no real evidence. I don't base my mining times on the moon or day, but rather on my RL schedule
      Last edited by Davitron3000; 11-29-2006, 09:31 AM. Reason: added some info

Comment

My guess is that the game considers excavation as a type of mining activity, since they both use pickaxes.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Davitron3000 View Post
          I am interested in this too. Seems strange they would not help with Excavation but then the legs don't have help with Mining so I don't wear them while mining, so why would they help with Excavation if it doesn't say so...

Also, do you think that Worker gear helps with H.E.L.M. more or is the only advantage of the Worker gear the extra defense?

I haven't done any real testing, but I only notice less pickaxes breaking when I mine with field gear on as opposed to without. It didn't really seem to have an effect on what I dug up.

edit: Also, I "feel" like I get better drops when mining on full moon. Also, I think full moon darksday is best drops. Note that this is just how I feel and is kind of a superstition, no real evidence. I don't base my mining times on the moon or day, but rather on my RL schedule
          I haven't really used the gear for mining so i cant really use that as a basis. When i got the gear i originally used it for logging. Before i bought the gear, i would go logging in ghelshba outpost, and within an hour i would probably get 1-2 elm logs. Now i seem to get 3-7 in an hour, and alot of times i will go up and log one tree and get an elm log and log another tree and get one too. I get alot less willow and more Ash/Arrowwood and occasionally a holly log. lol even if the gear doesn't actually help with what i'm currently doing, i usually have it on anyways.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

I think part of the reason the gear helps what you get is more that rarer items are more likely to break your tools, so reducing the chance of breakage generally means you get more good stuff.

I don't think it actually improves the chance of getting any given item; just that your chance of successfully obtaining that item goes up.

As far as Excavation goes, I've only done a bit of it to level Boneworking in the past, but the armor seemed to help; at a guess, I would agree with Lyonheart's theory that any piece that improves Mining also improves Excavation.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              I think part of the reason the gear helps what you get is more that rarer items are more likely to break your tools, so reducing the chance of breakage generally means you get more good stuff.
              I like your theory, because it is true that alot of times without gear i usually broke my hatchet once or twice before getting the elm log. So in a way the gear lowers breaks and also since it negates some of the breaks between rarer items and enables you a better chance snagging one. And Lyonheart's theory as well since pickaxes are used in both mining and excavating, it may been seen as pretty much the same thing by the armor.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------

Comment

I remember back in the day about a topic stating that you only really benifetted from the gear when you have the full set. I also remember that it was thought the more you mined, harvested, logged, an dug, The more your chars hidden stats went up. I think this derived from those who said chobi digging had hidden lvls.

This games chances an odds for everything always seem to revolve around the time. the day, an the moon phase. So if your wondering why u got more of one thing then the other this is probably the most likely cause. As for feild gear, Its more geared towards lessing the breakes. Something i did notice slightly.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                X