Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making digging suck by making it better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making digging suck by making it better...

This upcoming update is supposed to put more items in each area, and otherwise do to digging what they did to fishing a long time ago. All this will do is make more people do it, making competition harder than ever (unless they plan to make it unlimited loot in the ground) and make everything you dig up jsut about worthless.
    I could have sworn that the point of digging was to not be able to dig alot of stuff right off the bat, to reward the very patient with phat loot. Is anyone else upset about this?

Re: Making digging suck by making it better...

so what good $$$ lot have you dug up?

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

with the prices of some of the items diggers were targeting have gone down in price considerably in the recent weeks, I have actually seen less diggers out there trying to make a profit. the biggest losers in the upcoming update will be those RMT dig bots.
      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

[B]Fuck the digbots!!!!![/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrlie
          with the prices of some of the items diggers were targeting have gone down in price considerably in the recent weeks, I have actually seen less diggers out there trying to make a profit. the biggest losers in the upcoming update will be those RMT dig bots.
          i still dont know what you consider a huge profit for digging ?

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Digging doesn't have many big ticket items, and it's boring, thats exactly why i like it, it makes people not want to do that, but it is a steady stream of cash for those who dont like to farm or camp NMs and have the patience

Comment

I simply target items in zone where I can consistently dig enough up to pay for stacks of greens I use each session.
              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Raising a chocobo in a certain way may result in the acquisition of various abilities. Some of these abilities will enhance the profitability of chocobo digging, such as by increasing the variety of items obtainable via the digging command.
                This makes it sound like certain items will only be available to hardcore diggers through breeding. While the markets of more commonly dug items might oversaturate due to new diggers, you can expect new markets to emerge from breeding to take their place.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                  i still dont know what you consider a huge profit for digging ?
                  Elemental and Orachlium Ores are what I've heard(still halfway through level 0 myself)

those go 300-800k on Midgrdsormr AH, seemslike a pretty penny to me, even if the prices are going down.
                  Originally posted by Ellipses
                  Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                  Originally posted by MCLV
                  A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                  More Sig:

Comment

I'm a rank 3 or 4 digger, I forget. 6 second wait between digs. I could make close to 300k an hour digging in Altepa. There are very few items that will make you pass out from their selling price, but the small stuff racks up over time, and since there's so little investment the margin is quite nice. The only problem is most of the stuff you dig up is non-stacking raw materials, so you have to put in a little extra time to smelt them or turn them into lumber to sell efficiently. It takes a little crafting skill too, but you don't really need more than 60 in a craft and that's relatively easy to do.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                    X