• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining [&&1st Thread]

Wewt. 1st thread.
    ^.^

Annyywaayy.
    Where can I find Mining Points?
    And...Where can the closest ones be found near Sandy?

|Alchemy: 3|Cooking: 3|Smithing: 1|Fishing: 1|
    ====================

Re: Mining [&&1st Thread]

Mining points are found in mines, and areas which one would expect to find ores, such as an area with lava all around (Ifrit's Cauldron, Halvung...).

Closest ones are in Yughott Grotto.

A list of what you can find there, along with mining point locations.

Basic instructions:
    1) Buy pickaxes. Where to get them. 2 or 3 stacks should be good for starting off.
    2) Head over to your local area with mining points. These include Yughott Grotto (you should be level 30+ to not get agro iirc for here), Zeruhn (no agro that I know of here, period, so viable at level 1 :p), etc.
    3) Run around, tabbing like mad, until your target box displays a mining point.
    4) Run up to the point, and trade a pickaxe to the point.
    5) Keep trading picks until the mining point disappears, at which point you repeat steps 3-5 until you run out of picks, or your inventory is full of ores you want.

But since you're level 10, I would recommend getting a bunch of hatchets from the general store in south sandy (3+ hatchets should do for now), then running over to Ghelsba Outpost. In that first wooded area in out post, tab around, and you should eventually find some logging points. Run up to them, and trade your hatchet. You have a chance at netting an Elm log, which will go for a nice sum of money.

If you REALLY want to mine, I suggest finding your way to Bastok (that will be very hard though, considering you're new to the game), going to Bastok Mines->Zeruhn Mine (map of zeruhn here) and mining there.

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

I tried logging for a while...
      But, only got silly Chestnuts and Ash Logs, which were no use to me as I was trying to gain Skill in Carpentry. And, Skill 0 requires me to use Arrowwood...which I never found.

====================

Comment

Just give it some time. HELM rewards perseverance and courage. After 1 hour, I can usually get 4 or 5 arrowwood logs, so keep at it :3

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

Arrowwood Lumber is level 2, actually. I levelled Woodworking for the first 20 levels almost exclusively off of Logging.

Icemage

Comment

Check mysterytour for mining locations and such. Has the maps and pinpoints the spawn points.
            Good luck with it. Just tough it out and you'll get some of the good stuff.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I suggest getting a set of harvesting junk if you don't have it already ^.^b

Also a good macro for H.E.L.M is:

/item " "<stnpc>

If you have not done it already. just insert the item you're using in the quotes. Ex: /item "Pickaxe"<stnpc>

This will bring up the blue arrow, you can scan around for mining spot or excavating spots (as well as aggros and NM's). Then when you find one, run to it, click the enter or X button to finish your macro. <---helps when there is competition.

You will not really see a great profit until:
              -You get harvesting armor
              -lv your crafts that will benifit what you;re doing (Ex: Woodworking for loging; Smithing(s) for mining, etc)
              -You complete all your Golbi bag quests in jeuno. You'll be able to hold a lot more then.

w/o any of those... I'd suggest maybe harvesting.
              Gyfford ~Valefor~
              Main(s) = BST75, BLM75, {BRD42}
              SJ =NIN37,WHM37,THF37,SAM37,WAR37, DRK32
              PLD30,BLU27,RDM25,RNG20,MNK19,DRG10,SMN10,{on temp. hold}
              Cook=75+2 (hat / gloves) Wood=49 (lumberjack)
              [ Fishing=21 ]

Comment

Re: Mining [&amp;&amp;1st Thread]

Originally posted by Icemage
                Arrowwood Lumber is level 2, actually. I levelled Woodworking for the first 20 levels almost exclusively off of Logging.

Icemage
                Oops.
                I meant Arrowwood Log.
                >.<

====================

Comment

question . Harvesting in giddeus right now. I heard that the longer you HELM in 1 zone, the worse it gets right? Is there a certain time frame I should look for before I zone out to sarutabaruta ?
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

According to what I've heard, you not only need to exit zone, but region as well... however, I may have that confused with fishing.

As a rule of thumb, back when I did mining in Gusgen, before it became the new headquarters for a branch of the CGF's, I took for stacks of picks and it seemed to work well.

Comment

hmm I guess I can OP to somewhere else to make sure. thanks ^^
                      I've brought like 100s of sickles. Surprising, only used like 16 the past couple hours...
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I try to head out once every cpl hours. I'm not sure what the exact time is, but that seems to work. I mine in gusgen, so I'll warp out, put stuff up for auction, then get a tele back to dem, rinse and repeat.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                        X