Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Level 30 fisher and going nowhere. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 30 fisher and going nowhere. help!

Hey all. Im currently a fisher who just started fishing again. My current fish skill level is 29, but it NEVER seems to go up. Its been stuck on 29 forever. I am currently fishing moats, dark bass, tricolored, and gold carp using a composite or carbon rod with paste in Jugner. I catch a fish every single time I cast just about, but its mainly tricolored or dark bass. I get maybe 1 moat out of every 5 or 6.

All together this isnt really bringing in much gil for me and it takes a long while. Is there anything else I can do to bring in a little more gil? Other areas to fish with other equipment at my lvl? Thanks

Re: Level 30 fisher and going nowhere. help!

My personal recommendation would be to go to Windy Waters. If you use insect paste there you will catch either moat carp or gold carp only. The gold carp can skill you up til about 50. While it may be slow gaining, it will help you earn moats for your Lu Shang.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

I haven't tried yet but a friend of mine did halcyon and worm lure in rabao to get sand fish. He only spoke briefly about it, but I am going to try this out on my own.
      Thanks Kazuki.
      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

if you can splurge on a Holcyon Rod and a Sinking Minnow do so. And fish right out side of Bastok Mines in South Gustaberg for Gold Lobsters and Ogree Eels. You'll catch the ocassional Bastore Bream which can put up a good fight and sells nice to NPCs.

Right now i only fish on New Moons and Full Moons becasue they yeild the best and most fishing skill ups that I've found.

almost forgot

Gold Lobster & Ogree Eels Cap at 50 or 55 can't remember. If you fish at lvl 30 you'll get .2 skill ups occasionally and I never had a break and I started fishing there at lvl 20.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

It used to be shall shells were the prime fish for those levels, with a Halcyon Rod and a Rogue or Robber Rig. Would take you all the way to 50 and a wee bit beyond. Might still be worth fishing them, but gilsellers have destroyed the market on them.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I used Hume Fishing rod to catch Ogre Eels (as Malevolent in above post mentioned). Skill up Ogre Eels slows down at level 34 (if I remember correctly, it had been a long time for me...). I catch Gold Lobsters until 44ish, and than switch to Cone Calamary until 47ish. After that I switched to Shall Shells until 52 (as Kirsteena mentioned from above). Currently I am focusing on Bluetail, and hopefully it would cap my skill to 55.

Hopefully this can help
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

halcyon rod and minnow and head to qufim island on north seaside. catch all cone calamaries and bluetails, and cancel all the messages with !!!. the fish will cap at 48 and 55.
              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Working...
              X