Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I miss the old "chance style" fishing.

a dance pad fishing would be fun. especially for Ryugu Titan...
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Asir
      On the downside, I lost 3 PS2 controllers to the new fishing system in catching the more active fish. If you're using a PS2 controller for fishing, I highly suggest switching to the keyboard for fishing. I had one L3 button fall right off... er... snap off, one just stopped working all together and the third screwed up how I would run.

Well, I don't know what to say.

Either you got bad controllers of you're incredibly strong.

Remind me not to get on your bad side.

Double Post Edited:
      Originally posted by Jei
      a dance pad fishing would be fun. especially for Ryugu Titan...

Now THAT is what I call thinking.

+rep for great idea
      Last edited by steveyos666; 05-30-2006, 09:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^lol, Pikachu

Hay guyz sup asl?

Comment

Hmm... what are the keyboard controlls for a ps2, i've tried the arrow keys but they don't do anything. Do I have to unplug my ps2 controller for them to initialize or are they different keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethreal
          Hmm... what are the keyboard controlls for a ps2, i've tried the arrow keys but they don't do anything. Do I have to unplug my ps2 controller for them to initialize or are they different keys?

I'm pretty sure it's the number pad, but I always just use the controller.

Don't forget about the manual though :D

Also you can re-map the keys under config.

^lol, Pikachu

Hay guyz sup asl?

Comment

you can set it to compaq mode. with compaq mode it gives you movement control with asdw in addition to the num pad controls. And you can fish with a/d

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

If you're breaking controllers, you may just be getting a tad too enthusiastic ... although fishing uses the analog part of the controller, it is NOT actually analog ... you will get just as good of results gently pulling a small amount to the side vs hardcore smashing the direction.
              99.5 Fishing ~ Lu Shang's ~ Waders ~ Apron ~ Map ~ Mooching ~ Rumors
              100 Wood ~ Lumberjack ~ Gloves ~ Apron ~ Desk ~ Ensorcellment
              60 Alch
              60 Bone ~ Specs
              53 Cook
              60 Smith
              40 Gold
              24 Cloth
              39 Leather

Twythecook ~ 94+3 & all Key Items
              Fullmetaltwy ~ 86+2 & Anima

Comment

Originally posted by LilTwylite
                If you're breaking controllers, you may just be getting a tad too enthusiastic ... although fishing uses the analog part of the controller, it is NOT actually analog ... you will get just as good of results gently pulling a small amount to the side vs hardcore smashing the direction.

But smashing is more fun!

:D

^lol, Pikachu

Hay guyz sup asl?

Comment

My husband and I both do fishing in the game. After the third one busted from both of us being "a tad too enthusiastic", I've been naggingly reminding him to use the keyboard to fish. He's more enthusiastic with our poor controllers then I am.

Now if only I can convince the NMs in the game to stop flocking to him everytime he logs on.

Comment

Originally posted by Asir

Now if only I can convince the NMs in the game to stop flocking to him everytime he logs on.

Perhaps he could wield an old Xbox controller, those weigh about 40lbs and might not break as easily.

As easily as a PS2 controller, or keyboard.

I mean of all my years of playing PS2, I've never broken a controller.

If I could draw I'd make a comic about this.

And this is the closer.

^lol, Pikachu

Hay guyz sup asl?

Comment

It's true though. Every time he plays, he runs into 2-3 NMs minimum while he's farming. It's like they know when it's him playing and not me using his character for farming since I'm lucky if I get to actually see one every 6 months, and rarely get to fight them.

But back on the topic of fishing... My goal of 10 000 moat carps for my Lu Shang's has inched a little closer now. 606/10k. At the rate I'm fishing up carps, I'll have it by next year sometime... I hope.

Comment

I like the new fishing system, but I hate the carpal tunnel syndrome I feel coming on because of it.

Pressing and holding is ok, but for those fighting fish where you have to tap like a madman, it's nuts to fish for hours at a time.

Good thing I don't have a controller though...I could definitely break me some hardware when "Your rod breaks. Whatever you were trying to catch was too big for this pole."

Comment

LilTwylite posted this on Titanictus ^^
                          You can read more about it here http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vt2/14/index.html
                          in the Hooking the Legend.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hehe, yeah, I'm surprised even Lu can stand up to some of those .. and no surprise it breaks on Ryugu, which is usually about 2x as big as Titanictus.
                            99.5 Fishing ~ Lu Shang's ~ Waders ~ Apron ~ Map ~ Mooching ~ Rumors
                            100 Wood ~ Lumberjack ~ Gloves ~ Apron ~ Desk ~ Ensorcellment
                            60 Alch
                            60 Bone ~ Specs
                            53 Cook
                            60 Smith
                            40 Gold
                            24 Cloth
                            39 Leather

Twythecook ~ 94+3 & all Key Items
                            Fullmetaltwy ~ 86+2 & Anima

Comment

Working...
                            X