This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvling fishing skill

ok i have been fishing on my main and also my mule my main is 15 almost 16 and my mule is 13 almost 14 i was just wondering is there a certain fish i should aim for to help me lvl my fishing skill faster or do i keep fishing and keep hoping that i'll get that amazing .1 every once in a great while.

Re: lvling fishing skill

Just keep catching fish above your skill cap You will gain skill eventually.
    Fishing skill is slow, it's the way it is.

you can look up some detailed fishing guide here
    http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=752
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

thank you very much that helps alot

Comment

Why are you raising your mules fishing skill if you don't mind me asking? Eventually you'll hit a point where you have to go somewhere dangerous for a mule. Plus it takes forever to level fishing. Why double your effort for the same reward?
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Well, in the long run, if he's extremely dedicated, having two leveled fishermen will mean twice as much fish after hitting fatigue limits.

Double Post Edited:
          It's not a bad idea if he's fishing his own carp for lu shang's rod either. Fatigue is your biggest limiter there.
          Last edited by Taskmage; 04-10-2006, 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Fatigue is now the major barrier to fishing, especially in the case of the Lu Shang's. Having a secondary character that can pick up where you left off can mean halving the amount of time it takes you to complete the quest (which is mind-numbingly long, as any Lu Shang owner, myself included, will attest to).

Icemage

Comment

Fatigue limit? Never heard about that, guess its been implemented since I quit fishing. Anit-botting measure I assume. You can only fish for so long now? That kinda sucks.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

you can onyl catch a certain amount of fish until you hit fatigue.
                It depends on the fish's size and weight I believe. some said it depends on fish skill cap.
                The heaver/higher cap, the less you can catch before fatigue.
                when you get close to fatigue, the delay before you can /fish will increase.
                and eventually you won't hook anything at all.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

actually thats what im doing but atm try to lvl them both to make it ezier and much faster to catch the moat carp but i do under stand the point about the mule and having to go to higher and more danger area but what i have notice and looked at on many sites for fishing is that i can fish in jeuno for a long time then switch to bastok for a few lvls and then back to sandy then to rabeo and norg and stay out of danger the whole time. plus the added bonus if my mule dies i dont care i can call for raise and be on my way when it comes to some fish i'll use my main job and fish for those in the danger areas. but other then that i just needed to know what certain fish to aim for to raise my fishing faster then normal cause now i might get like 1 or 2 points every couple hours of fishing and thats not good and btw i have bought my mule the airship passes so i dont have to worry about lvling it and or run back and forth from windy and jeuno all the time.

Double Post Edited:
                  i understand the fatigue limit thats why when it gets to the point where i get the msg you didn;t catch anything 2 times i take the time to send what i catch to my main and go trade them in then log back to mule and begin my fishing again.
                  Last edited by merit; 04-11-2006, 09:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I went the extra mile and level my mule WHM on a seperate account ^^
                    My mule is now 44 Whm 82 fishing capable of not only fishing but also teleporting my main around.
                    I wait for pirates 24/7 to catch gugrusaurus. Their attack are just annoyingly random and rare... sometimes I can spend 10 hours straight for not even a single attack. Those are times I fish on my mule. It keeps me sane ^^

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Wow, Jei. You're the most dedicated fisherman ever.
                      Originally posted by merit
                      actually thats what im doing but atm try to lvl them both to make it ezier and much faster to catch the moat carp but i do under stand the point about the mule and having to go to higher and more danger area but what i have notice and looked at on many sites for fishing is that i can fish in jeuno for a long time then switch to bastok for a few lvls and then back to sandy then to rabeo and norg and stay out of danger the whole time. plus the added bonus if my mule dies i dont care i can call for raise and be on my way when it comes to some fish i'll use my main job and fish for those in the danger areas. but other then that i just needed to know what certain fish to aim for to raise my fishing faster then normal cause now i might get like 1 or 2 points every couple hours of fishing and thats not good and btw i have bought my mule the airship passes so i dont have to worry about lvling it and or run back and forth from windy and jeuno all the time.

Double Post Edited:
                      i understand the fatigue limit thats why when it gets to the point where i get the msg you didn;t catch anything 2 times i take the time to send what i catch to my main and go trade them in then log back to mule and begin my fishing again.

These guys are your friends. Don't forget little comma.

What Jei said earlier still applies. Just fish for targets above your level and you will gain skill points slowly. One or two points every couple hours is really fast if you're talking about while points. If it's 0.1 or 0.2 skill every couple hours that's very normal. If you want faster skillups you might try participating in the Fish Ranking contest to try to get a Pelican Ring, but you may not be able to acquire the necessary fish on your own at your skill level and AH purchased fish don't work.
                      Attached Files
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

haha that's a cute attachment

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

ok i have been fishing on my main and also my mule my main is 15 almost 16 and my mule is 13 almost 14 i was just wondering is there a certain fish i should aim for to help me lvl my fishing skill faster or do i keep fishing and keep hoping that i'll get that amazing .1 every once in a great while.
                          Theoriticly, you could stay in windy from 1-40. Just go to the fountain and go for carp. What I did was go all over the place from 1-20. I pretty much got 11 off moats in knightswell in west ronfraue. After that, I tried ceval salmon in the river in east. Then went to the ferry, so on and so forth. Then I was in sandy from about 20-27 and skilled up on tricolored. Then I went to windy and decided to go for my lu shang. I found that you get one gold carp for about every 4 moat. That may not seem like a lot to you, but I had a friend who was trying to skill up in South Gustaberg and was at 35 for close to three months. He tried windy and was 40 in a week.

Comment

Working...
                          X