Yag Drink Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yag Drink Help

Now this may be old news but it seems that not many ppl know about this. Im currently lvling cooking and am at lvl 54 as of yesterday. So at 52-53 i started yag drinx at lvl 60 cap without guild support cause i cant really get it cause im traveling so much. U c on my server, shiva, buburimu grapes r goin for about 7k a stack and yag cherries r bout 5k on the AH. Now as u may have realized i was burning through gil pretty fast buying the items necessary for 1cherry and 3 grapes per drink and the fact that i wasnt makin them succesfully all that much meant i was losing 2-7k on each set of grapes.

Knowing that there must b a better way i did some research and found that the kolshushu vender sells grapes from 180-240g a piece and cherries for around 50g a piece, much better than the AH price. In fact, seeing as how fast grape stacks sell one could probably buy the grapes from the vender and sell them at around a 5k profit pretty steadily as long as they were carefull not to flood the market, supply increase would result in a demand decrease and price decrease: economy 101, but seeing as how i need the grapes for skill ups that wont b my little pot of gold.

Neway for those cooks that have been in the same rut that i was in here is your salvation. and if you are looking into cooking here is a little jewel to prevent a decent gil pit. And this is a much better solution then gardening seeing as how fruit seeds and ice crystals can also cost a relatively significant amount.
    MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Re: Yag Drink Help

There's always a better way! ^-^ Except sometimes you need others to help you with that better way... @w@;

Fishy

There once was fish,

Whom made a perfect dish

To a giant fish.

The giant fish was caught,

By a Mithra which sought

To fill her hunger.

The Mithra was slayed,

By a monster whom would raid

The land.

What have we learned?

Comment

I really hate to think of the amount of money you've spent crafting to your current level if you just found out that certain vendors sell certain things...

Almost everything needed for cooking can be bought, until you start messing with meat and fish. You should really do your homework online before attempting any more skillups.

Comment

Actually ive gotten up to my level with fairly little net loss. Yes lots of things can be bought from vendors but also lots of things cant. So while ur trying to put others down do like i did and help out. post some unknown vendors and their wares and how it would help others instead of hurt.

Comment

just for reference, always check sompage or ffrecipe when you craft ^^
          http://www.ffrecipe.com
          when you check recipe you can click on every ingradients listed and it will tell you which vendor sells them (if available.)

btw, if you don't ming losing money, stone cheese is VERY easy to get ingradients.
          Stone Cheese [12] x 4
          Cooking (61)
          [Dark] Rock Salt, Selbina Milk

I hate yagudo drink. Making 1-2k profit a bottle is nice if you're patient enough to list them on AH 7 at a time. But I can make close to 400k a day with fishing alone so I prefer stone cheese and just NPC them. They stack, and salt/milk are always sold in sandoria/selbina.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Now, now children.

Anyway, yes. Learn your regional vendors. Based on conquest status, even standard vendors will have different inventories. It always pays to check out what your options are before you start synthing. Guilds and the AH are generally a terrible ripoff, especially for cooking and low level crafting items from other guilds.

ffxi.somepage.com has a very good listing of where each item is available, for what prices, and under what circumstances. Whenever I start a new synth or get a new guild point item I always head over there to see where the ingredients of that item are available, or if the item can be purchased outright for cheaper than the cost of the ingredients in the case of GP items. Simple, but it seems a lot of people still don't do it, considering I can usually bazaar the items for exorbitant prices next to the guild, selling to characters that should have the wherewithal to pop over to the appropriate vendor and pick the items up themselves.

More to the point of this thread, here is a list of names, locations, and inventory listings and prices for all the regional vendors:
            http://ffxi.somepage.com/regional-merchants.php

There's a very short list of ingredients for cooking that can't be acquired this way. Mostly fish, higher level meat, and mushrooms give me headaches. Of note: Chicken Bone (excavation only), Crawler Egg (very rare drop from 40+ crawlers), King Truffle (Extremely rare chocobo dig, only dropped by Killer Mushrooms, which take some skill and a character in the high 50s to farm), Acorn (common chocobo dig, but a pain to collect in reasonable numbers), and Puffball (another rare chocobo dig).
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by auror
              So while ur trying to put others down
              Originally posted by ME
              I really hate to think of the amount of money you've spent
              ***You need some thicker skin if you think I was biting with THAT remark.

Originally posted by auror
              do like i did and help out.
              Originally posted by ME again
              You should really do your homework online
              How much more help do you need?
              Want some addresses to some Search Engines?
              Want a bigger list of links to Craft Specific Sites than what has already been posted several times on numerous sites?!
              Maybe you want me to photocopy the Crafting pages out of the Bradu Strategy Guide and post THOSE for you?

Wait, I know... Just send me your POL Login info and I'LL get the skillups for you with my multitude of hidden resources and vast underground knowledge.

Although, I must congratulate you on getting to Level 52 Cooking without any assistance from Cooking Forums and Information Sites... really... seriously, I commend your efforts... honestly...

Comment

Ya that would b much apprecitated. and while ur at it u might as well send me all ur gil

Comment

Check your server against mine genius...

Oh wait, guess I could mail it you, huh? Would you like that? Amazingly, there is a way in this world to send stuff from one place to another!?! Here this whole time I've been trying to throw things across state! If only I had looked sooner I might have saved alot of heart-ache, huh...

Comment

ok that's enough you two. get back on topic or I'll close this thread.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Okay, back on topic, sorry >.>

Did any of you fellow level 60+ Cooks out there know that at the Cooking Guild, which I JUST found out was in Windurst [/shocked], sells Rock Salt?!? AND for CHEAP! Here I've been, this WHOLE time, purposely spending 20 Real-Life days failing Fire Ores to get Rock Salt.

Did anyone else know about this? If so, why didn't YOU respond to this thread with an entire list of recipe items and places they could be bought?! Shame on ALL of you....

There really should be some sort of definitive source for guilds and recipes. I don't know, maybe like some website with "recipe" AND "ffxi" in the address. Could someone come up with a website like this and post a link, because I forgot how to search for stuff using Google...

Comment

lol wiseass

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I got your Yag drink right here:

If you want some, contact me. I have cooking 100+52 to make these. Requires these ingredients:

Rainbow Crystal (Drops from [BC99+KS99] BC Fight, "When Pigs Fly...")
                          -Wyvern Piss
                          -Mithra Estrogen
                          -Blood of Prince Trion
                          -2x Distilled Water
                          -Dhalmel Saliva (Rare/Ex, so no, you can't send it to me)

Comment

I heard you could buy Mithra Estrogen from a Regional NPC from Kazham, is this true?

Can you really buy Mithran Hormone from vendors for 13-69gilz?!?

Here I've been farming it the hard way...

But at least I'm "Pimpin': Artisan" now...

Comment

The vendors have been my saviours, levelling to 53. Its a lot of travelling, but looking at the gil I have saved travelling to them cheered me on. ^^.

@Aeni: How would you farm that Mithra piss? =o

| WHM 75 | BRD 25 | SMN 40 | Cooking 63.7 |

Comment

Working...
                              X