Chocobo raising problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo raising problems?

For the longest time it's been fairly easy to get Physical or Mental stats to First Class status. We all agree on this right? Particularly if you bred two high stat birds together.

Now thanks to the Racing adn Chocobucks my mother who also plays has done an outstanding job of raising her Chocos stats even more.

Her stats were..
    Str = First Class
    End = First Class
    Dis = Outstanding
    Res = Poor

Everything was going smoothly till she started trying to bring up Res. Now there seems to have been a small update that mucked with the intensive training.. Now raising attributes lowers others as does everything else in Vanadiel..

Now her Stats are

Str = Outstanding
    End = Outstanding
    Dis = Outstanding
    Res = Poor

Being that I don't have several hundred thousand gil to blow upping choco stats I've been trying to use careplans do do the same thing.. Up till the same point my bird was increasing it's Dis at a normal rate.

Str = Firstclass
    End = Firstclass
    Dis = Bit Def
    Res = Poor

For the last two weeks My bird's been digging for treasure and he hasn't improved at all.

Anyone else having issues liek this? Has SE gone and mucked up the raising part so it's that much more difficult to bring up stats? Does it have to do with how close to forced retirement? Just tryin to figure out what's goin on.

Re: Chocobo raising problems?

Until I read this post I thought it was only me that had hit a level, or number of stat upgrades allowed or something. I started getting the message that a stat increase would have a adverse affect on the other stats. My Choco is on day 59 with the following stats.

RED in Color
    Strength=First Class
    Endurance=First Class
    Discernment=Average
    Recptivity=Sub
    Abilities= Gallop & Auto-Regen

I've had a good plan going until now and am afraid I will do something now that may drop a stat and I'm close to the point where stats are slower to get and that I may actually wind up dropping the overall performance of my bird by accident due to the unknown facters that seem to have been introduced. Anyone who figures out exactly what is going on please share your insights!

Dimond, Valefore

Comment

I have something similar to go along with this.

I Raised my bird for mental stats to learn the racing stories, and am now forcing physical stats on it.

For a while, it raised just fine, but now it has kinda just stopped raising.

I have read on another forum that the message you get at day 64-65 regarding your birds stats leveling out sets a hard cap for your bird and it will no longer be able to raise the birds statistics any more.

Does anyone have anything to say about this? Has anyone found this to be true?

To the OP: What day is your bird on?
      Tyros - Bahamut
      DRK75 / BLM75
      LS: MoonlightAngels
      Windurst: Rank 10 / Bastok: Rank 10 / San d'Oria: Rank 10 / RotZ: Clear / CoP: Bahamut v1
      ToAU: Clear / Assault: First Lieutenant / WotG: Mission 6 / Campaign: Wings of Honor
      Cooking 90.3 + 2

Comment

Sorry should have included that in my first post. Both our birds are on day 94 now. My mom managed to get End back up to Firstclass yesterday and both Str and Dis are holding at Outstanding.

Comment

That certainly answers my question. *Runs to check on bird*
          Tyros - Bahamut
          DRK75 / BLM75
          LS: MoonlightAngels
          Windurst: Rank 10 / Bastok: Rank 10 / San d'Oria: Rank 10 / RotZ: Clear / CoP: Bahamut v1
          ToAU: Clear / Assault: First Lieutenant / WotG: Mission 6 / Campaign: Wings of Honor
          Cooking 90.3 + 2

Comment

Has anyone been able to buy Intensive Training from the NPC near the Racing Stables without getting the message that "Increasing that Stat may be harmful to other Stats"? Maybe it's only added after we reach a certain level of achievement, or use the service a certain number of times or reach a certain day in training. Maybe newer chocobo raisers can still buy the Intensive training and increase stats without harm to their other stats!

Someone Please respond to this if you have information to contribute.
            Last edited by Outlawbiker; 05-19-2007, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Today My mom used the intesive training on Endurance bringing it back to firstclass but when she tried to use it in Strength it did nothing for strength but killed Endurance. She's always having issues now with the races. When she trades a racing form in the stats don't change to reflect the newest stats. Anyone else having this proplem?

we're ready to just quit playign FFXI because of all the issues.
              Last edited by Khei; 05-20-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khei View Post
                Today My mom used the intesive training on Endurance bringing it back to firstclass but when she tried to use it in Strength it did nothing for strength but killed Endurance. She's always having issues now with the races. When she trades a racing form in the stats don't change to reflect the newest stats. Anyone else having this proplem?

we're ready to just quit playign FFXI because of all the issues.
                I'm now on day 62 and my stats seem to have hit some kind of cap. I've not recieved any increases in about double the time I used to get at least one increase. I did take a racing form to the Racing NPC with my last increase and when I check my stats in the Racing Stables before each race they are correctly displayed so I can say I haven't had your problem with the racing form not updating my stats. I haven't tried using the intensive training program since I started getting the message about it being harmful to my other stats as I'm afraid I may loose some more valuable stat. I still haven't been able to confirm if this message is just being given to those of us who have reached a high level in stats or if it's the same for everyone in the game. It's still a mystery as far as I can tell. I did get one more level increase through my care plan without using the intensive training option but then it seems I have reached some kind of cap and am no longer getting stat increases even though I'm still doing all the same things that got me this for along. For the record here are my final stats so far.

Strength=First Class
                Endurance=First Class
                Discernability=Above average
                Receptivity=Substandard
                Abilities=Gallop&AutoRegen

I've been following this discussion and a few more in other post online as well as asking other players how they are doing and it seems that maybe a pattern is emerging where if you add up all the individual stat increases you may not be able to progress past a certain level. If so it looks like maybe you can have any combination of stats with stats of your choice say being FIRST CLASS but only a set number of total increases before we are capped. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the day we are on as I seem to have reached this point by day 60! No positive proof of it but if you give each increase 1 point and add it all up it really seems everyone having this problem is at about the same level in Stats. Anyone with more info to contribute would be very appreciated.

While making the above statements it's worth noting that we have discovered earlier in the Raising part of this game that Stats really are harder to raise the more you get past day 64 or so even if you haven't gotten any impressive Stats by then. Things just seem to slow down and almost stop.

Also, Please don't quit FFXI because of these problems, They sometimes take a while to correct problems in the game but sooner or later they do get around to an update to fix things. A call for a GM (Game Manager) next time you try to give a racing form and don't get the proper stats would probably help speed up the process. Anyone so dedicated to this game as to raise a Chocobo with the stats your mother has on her bird makes for good FFXI Players!!!! We need those type of dedicated players to make the game all it can be. Good luck!
                Last edited by Outlawbiker; 05-20-2007, 08:21 PM. Reason: Spelling LOL

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTE: A word of advice after trying all different ways of doing things. When you reach the point where you get the message "A raise in the selected Stat will be detrimental to other Stats" Do not make any attempt to further increase your Chocobo's attributes by buying Further Intensive Training! The Increase you get in the selected Stat will be LESS than the DROP in another Stat and full recovery can not be made to regain loss ground except in the actual raising process in the Stables! If your Bird is over day 70 even this may not regain the loss!
                  Last edited by Outlawbiker; 06-13-2007, 01:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                  X