Growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth

So WingedJustice is now day 64, and after MUCH turmoil and neglect and partial parenting, and me covering my mistakes and all the randomness associated with being a Chocobo Breeder, he managed to make it to this stage with Outstanding in both Strength and Endurance.

So at this point, I'm pretty pleased with him. According to the Zopago, his growth is stabilized.

Should I keep him with the Walk Around Town care plan and just moderately raise him until he gets to First Class in both, or give up the ghost now?

I have no problem with keeping him on the Walk Around Town and just stick to feeding him Greens, because carrots cost a lot and I haven't farmed in 3 months.
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Growth

whoa, you're still around. cool.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Yeah life is wierd. I gave up on trying to get 2k posts.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

do you still play?

after rereading what i wrote, i think the answer is kind of obvious since you're raising your chocobo. what I meant was, are you still active? xp, end-game, etc.
        Last edited by Omni; 04-26-2007, 08:45 AM.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

After growth stabilizes, you will not see anywhere near the growth rate that you saw during prime (the stage immediately previous). You can maintain your high-level care plans though with high levels of success, but diminished returns. I'm not certain if, during this phase, you might get better mileage from the Exercise/Interact group of care plans as these are supposedly %-based rather than flat growth. Experiment. My current generation of reds is retiring, so I'll probably be doing some work with this as well.

The most important thing to note is that I think (not sure) there may be a hard cap on growth after you reach the older stage of growth. During a care plan "mistake", I lost my First Class Discernment on my two digging birds and was never able to get it back. Also, growth during this period was extremely slow--I may have gained a single tick on target attributes although this can also be attributed to care plan failure due to incompatible personality type.

Stick with care plans that suit the bird's personality type--you'll get very low mileage in old age with anything else (Old Dog New Trick sorta stuff). You can get ok results during Prime with off-personality plans though.

Comment

Working...
          X