Breeding for abilities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding for abilities...

I can't wait to have a choco w/"Treasure Hunter" ~!
    RDM58/WHM46/THF24/SMN22/RNG15/BLM17/WAR15/BLU8

~~RIIAN'S CHOCOBO RANCH~~ VALEFOR SERVER
    check: www.chocobomatchmaker.net for Info/Pics

Breeding for abilities...

Most of the chocobos I have breed have been for physical stats... about five total, over the time I've been breeding... However...

I did FINALLY get around to raising a baby with high DIS (first class) and she knows both Gallop and Canter.

She's yellow, so I'm breeding her with another yellow chocobo (because this is a test for me and I really don't care what color it ends up) that I raised who has high physical stats...

My questions are:

1. Will both of the mother's abilities carry over to the chick, since the father knows none? Or does only one carry over? Is there a chance that none will?

2. What would happen if say, the father knew Borrow and Bore and the mother knew Gallop and Canter...? Which abilities would the chick learn?

3. Does it matter which honeymoon plan you pick or will the abilities carry over regardless?
    Yes, girls do play video games...

Danielle - Mithra - PLD 75, MNK 46.
    Littlebane - Tarutaru - WHM 75, BLM 73, BRD 55.

Comment

Re: Breeding for abilities...

I think it's all chance and luck. You'll want to pick the huneymoon plan that increases chance for mother's ability to carry over obviously. But it's still not guaranteed. I guess you can only keep hatching new eggs until you get a chick with the 2 abilities you want.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hehe, figures it's two mules that have... trouble... getting to Jeuno.

Comment

My mules didn't have any trouble. ^^ It takes 3-4 Silent Oil and a shade less Prism Powder to move a mule from any starting city to Jeuno without resetting HP (so you can deathwarp back). I tried not to use stealth until I felt the area looked "Dangerous" enough... I did, however, use full stealth through Jugner Forest for my San d'Oria mule--sometimes it's hard to see through the trees and tigers move fast.

I had a friend deliver the cards after I parked my mules in front of Finbarr.

Comment

I tried that... >.>

I had to get my husband to come raise me and escourt me the rest of the way.

Comment

Abilities being bred into chicks, its at this point random, and yes there is a chance none will carry over, 1 or both. I am working on testing this theory just need my high dis bird to get the canter story to learn along with gallop

I may also try to get birds with bore, or the treasure hunter abilitie too, since so far this is working well.

Will keep you posted on any results I have from breeding.
              The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! ^^b

I'll be trading my cards over today, I'll see what happens. >.>;

Comment

I'll have an egg when I get home. XD!!! I hope it has both abilities.

Comment

It came with just Gallop... Which is kinda sad, because that seems to be the easiest story to get. <.> On the plus side, my husbands came with none, so hahahahahaha at him. >.>

Comment

My chick is born with Canter. I'm quite happy about it. Going to teach him Gallop and I'll be ready to mass breed them for my final racing chocobo >.>
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

the last 2 chicks were born with bore. both are adults now (one blue, another one black), and i put up 3-5 chococards up on bazaar a day (about 20k a pop) when i go afk for sleep and/or work, and by the time I'm back online they're sold out.
                        Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                        Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I'm thinking of getting back into the chocobo raising thing, and I was wondering if both the mother and father knew the same abilities, would that increase the chance that the chick would be born with them, or at least one of them?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

btw... my new chick was born with "Treasure Hunter" w00h00~~ and hopefully this one will be green like the parents. This will be my third try for a green chick from green parents. 1st one black, 2nd one yellow. I'm holding 2 cards at the moment in case this doesn't work either lol... surely 3rd time is a charm though.
                            RDM58/WHM46/THF24/SMN22/RNG15/BLM17/WAR15/BLU8

~~RIIAN'S CHOCOBO RANCH~~ VALEFOR SERVER
                            check: www.chocobomatchmaker.net for Info/Pics

Comment

Since you have your Chocobo for 149 days, you can play around a bit. For instance, you can get enough discernment on a chocobo before it hits prime to learn both physical abilities. Using the Tier III care plans you can make a 3-stat chocobo (STR/DIS/REC) and then use your remaining time to fix up your deficient stat which will be either Strenth or Receptivity and boost Endurance with Basic Care. If you absolutely must have higher Endurance quickly (e.g. for a riding only chocobo), you can just switch to packages after he finishes storytime.

This, by the way, is how I'm working with my new Premiere Red Chocobo Line which will be my first line to be taken all the way to 149 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X