Chocobo Food Satisfaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobo Food Satisfaction

I've been working on this for a while and here are my results so far.
    1) I'm working on the assumption that Satisfaction is internally coded between 000 and 255 with each level representing 32 points.
    2) I checked hunger level before and after each time I fed the chocobo. Unless stated otherwise, I've confirmed these values with my own chocobo. Affection levels were tested likewise.
    3) Since there seems to be different satisfaction levels for the chocobo's stages (at least for pastes), I will show the information in separate sections. (Can't do colors or it won't look right on the dark scheme.)
    1 - Starving [0-31]
    2 - Quite hungry [32-63]
    3 - A little hungry [64-95]
    4 - Neither full nor hungry [96-127]
    5 - Neither full nor hungry (not a typo) [128-159]
    6 - Almost full [160-191]
    7 - Quite full [192-223]
    8 - Completely full [224-255]
    ~~ Chick ~~
    Carrot Paste value: [193-223] ~210, about +5 Affection
    Vegetable Paste value: [65-79] ~70, about +25 Affection
    Vomp Carrot value: [97-111] ~100
    Zegham Carrot value: [97-111] ~100
    San d'Orian Carrot value: [75-79] ~75
    Azouph Greens value: [129-159] ~150
    Sharug Greens value: [41-53] ~50
    Gysahl Greens value: [81-111] ~100
    other
    Herb Paste value: [33-95]
    Tokopekko Wildgrass value: [30]
    ~~ Adolescent & Adult ~~
    Carrot Paste value: [30], -15 Affection
    Vegetable Paste value: [10], Affection neither increases nor decreases
    Vomp Carrot value: [99-101] 100, +1 Affection
    Zegham Carrot value: [99-101] 100, +1 Affection
    San d'Orian Carrot value: [75], +1 Affection
    Azouph Greens value: [149-151] 150, +17 Affection (gobbles)
    Sharug Greens value: [50], +5 Affection (eats)
    Gysahl Greens value: [99-101] 100, +11 Affection (contentedly)
    Tokopekko Wildgrass value: [29-30] 30, +2 Affection
    Garidav Wildgrass value: [30], +2 Affection
    Gausbit Wildgrass value: [30], +2 Affection
    ("gets well soon" = medicine has taken effect)
    notes
    Hunger satisfaction and energy level affect the next day's starting hunger satisfaction level. "Starving" can be anywhere from 0 to 31 points; keep that in mind to avoid overfeeding.
    As long as your chocobo has some room left in its stomach, it won't force itself to eat no matter how filling the food. So even if your chocobo is 254 points full, you can still safely feed it an Azouph Green.
    Curiously, when feeding an adult chocobo Carrot Paste after it was 255 points completely full (forcing itself to eat), the Affection did not go down as expected. There were also no colored flames at all indicating that the food automatically had zero effect.
    The more your chocobo's hunger is satisfied, the less likely you will get a big Affection drop the next day due to your Care Plan. Therefore, feed your chocobo until it's quite full or completely full. Chicks will not get hungry as much as adolescents or adults. (Correlation between Energy used and Hunger is a little different.)
    Bon Appetit!
    This should help you not overstuff your chocobo ^^b
    Cookies for...
    Akaibara, Balfree, Irisjir
    Anyone can contribute to the research.
    I need:
    1) stage (chick, adolescent, adult)
    2) food used
    3) hunger right before eating
    4) hunger right after eating
    5) "eats", "munches contentedly", or "gobbles"
    6) color flames after eating
    7) did the trainer say anything?
    8) what are the chocobo's attributes? (STR, END, DIS, REC)
    9) what is the chocobo's personality?
    Last edited by Nakti; 02-03-2007, 09:09 AM.
    They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Chocobo Food Satisfaction

Wow this is really great, thanks a ton for this info @_@ I'm working for trying to not always do "Completely full" and see how it works out

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

What about when you chocobo "munches the feed in a single gulp!" message? Is there an effect in case your chocobo likes/dislikes the food? what about the affection values?

Prolly cant answer this now, i unerstand, but let us know if you find out :D
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

This is another question:
        My chocobo is a young adult (Day 24) and I noticed that it was getting irritable. I gave it a sandorian carrot (which she normally eats with a single gulp) and she just munches weakly on it. Her hunger status was 'neither hungry or full' . I gave it a sharug green and the same message comes up (munches weakly). She isnt sick. Do all irritated chocobos munch weakly ?

Comment

Mine did too when she was irritated, so i guess so.

Comment

It seems that when the chocobo is ill or has some status effect, it "munches weakly" on all foods.

I'm actually starting to suspect that the way a chocobo eats the food is related to the amount of Affection gained. Since I'm at "parent" level all the time now, though, I can't test that right now. I've only found the Affection levels for carrot and vegetable paste which the chocobo just "eats".

Chocobos might have a food preference which is indicated another way... I don't want to say anything more, though, until I've done some more testing. ><;
            They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ding!

Just checked my chocobo, she was starving and her affection read "seems to like you alot", after i fed her 4 Sandy Carrots, it changed to "seems to want to be with you all the time" ^^

And also she got completely full after 4 carrots.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                Ding!

Just checked my chocobo, she was starving and her affection read "seems to like you alot", after i fed her 4 Sandy Carrots, it changed to "seems to want to be with you all the time" ^^

And also she got completely full after 4 carrots.
                Just a few questions...

1) Is your chocobo a chick, adolescent, or adult?

2) Did your chocobo "gobble up" the Sandy Carrots?

3) Did you happen to check the hunger level after each carrot?

Good stuff, keep it coming! I'll update the top post as needed.

Comment

1. Female adolescent
                  2. Yes
                  3. Yes, it only changed once she was completely full after 4 carrots, she was starving at first

Also it might be worth noting, since ive been feeding her only carrots, she is allways starving the next day :|, i used to feed her gysahl greens as a chick, and she never starved (save for those 3 days she was asleep ><)

What might it be? maybe different food have different "hunger generation" values, where some food will "wear off" faster than others, thusly they starve faster, it just dont seem natural that even though i feed her until she is "completely full", and the next day shes already starving..

Comment

1. Female adolescent
                    2. Yes
                    3. Yes, it only changed once she was completely full after 4 carrots, she was starving at first

Also it might be worth noting, since ive been feeding her only carrots, she is allways starving the next day :|, i used to feed her gysahl greens as a chick, and she never starved (save for those 3 days she was asleep ><)

What might it be? maybe different food have different "hunger generation" values, where some food will "wear off" faster than others, thusly they starve faster, it just dont seem natural that even though i feed her until she is "completely full", and the next day shes already starving..
                    I had wondered if the satisfaction levels were different for the various stages (chick, adolescent, and adult). I'll reformat my post a little so it's easier to see which numbers are for which stage.

My chocobo is always starving, too, the next day. I feed her till she's quite or completely full. You're probably like me and only leave a small amount of stamina at the end of the day. ^^ My husband leaves a lot more stamina and his chocobo is usually just "quite hungry" or "a little hungry" the next day.

Comment

I'm embarassed to be bumping my thread, but I want everyone to know I'm still working on this. But I've only got 1 chocobo and if the food Satisfaction and Affection levels are different for different chocobos, I need input from other chocobo raisers.

I was perusing the English and Japanese wikis and I came across some interesting, yet disturbing information.

The English wiki said "eats", "munches contentedly", and "gobbles up" corresponds to how full the chocobo gets. Looking at my personal data, this *wasn't* accurate across all the foods. And I've been keeping a detailed account of my chocobo's care!

The Japanese wiki said that Gysahl greens satisfy hunger more than Azouph greens. But this wasn't true for me either!

So something is going on here. But I don't believe it's unsolvable.

This thread needs you!

Please read through my top post and post any differences you've seen with your own chocobo.

Comment

I've been saying this alot, and from what you say it sounds like im totally right.

It's random.

Mood can be random, hunger, disposition, happiness, stamina, all of these can have a certain random factor, or an oscilating value that we can have an effect on by feeding and caring for our chocobos, but personality will allways be a factor.

I certainly hope the system is this detailed.

Perhaps breeds have different personalities? and maybe certain breeds are more prone to be hungry (for example) all the time than others? and perhaps the only way to predict a breed of an egg we have to mate our chocobos, theres no way to buy an egg on NPC and know what breed it is, unless the warmness means something..

Comment

I've been saying this alot, and from what you say it sounds like im totally right.

It's random.

Mood can be random, hunger, disposition, happiness, stamina, all of these can have a certain random factor, or an oscilating value that we can have an effect on by feeding and caring for our chocobos, but personality will allways be a factor.

I certainly hope the system is this detailed.

Perhaps breeds have different personalities? and maybe certain breeds are more prone to be hungry (for example) all the time than others?
                          So far my husband, a friend, and I have all had the same results regarding hunger satisfaction from the foods. So it's not really random. Also, if I give the same food, my chocobo is satisfied to the same extent - so it's not random there either.

There could be differences, though, but I've only seen one post which said their chocobo "munched contentedly" on Azouph greens whereas mine most definitely "gobbles" them up. I'm expecting a plain yellow chocobo so maybe my chocobo has the most common food preference type. Maybe breed = food preference? Maybe not. Without more data, anything goes.

Balfree,

Which foods does your chocobo "gobble up"? And "munch contentedly"?

>< I'm so excited...my little baby's becoming an adolescent tomorrow!

Comment

My chocobo is a yellow adult male, of riding age.

I feed him one sandorian carrot and one azouph green per day.

They take him from 'starving' to 'completely full'. No matter which one I feed it first, it is always "neither hungry nor full" after the first feeding.

I always fully care for my chocobo (very little in the stamina bar, one-eigth or less)

My chocobo "gobbles in a single bite" for sandorian carrots and azouph greens (which is why they are what I feed it)

When it was a chick, it ate vegetable paste, simply "eats" ate them, and usually took two, maybe three to fill up.

It "munches contentedly" on glyshal greens but I am unsure of the food rating.

As a side note, I will be starting a new chocobo in Sandoria shortly. He will be undergoing intensive strength and possibly endurance training.

However, I will try to document my feeding and care patterns.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                            If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                            *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

I've only been feeding Ayu Sandorian Carrots, she gobbles them up in one gulp, and then the next day shes starving, go figure :\

Comment

Working...
                              X