Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San d'Orian Carrots linked to Chocobo illness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San d'Orian Carrots linked to Chocobo illness?

Hello,

Recently I have been using San-d carrots as an inexpensive alternative to "vomp carrots" for my choco's development. However, I've been noticing some bad side effects that might or might not be linked to this diet.

A few days into his regimen, my chocobo became ill. Attributing this to his cycle of illness and health, I gave him a Toko wildgrass and fed him to full via san-d carrots.

The next day, he was sick again. I became a bit curious but after reading some topics shrugged it off and gave him two Toko grasses.

Day 3, and the choco was still ill... I started to become concerned. I fed him a Toko grass, gave him carrots to full, and changed his plan to "take a walk."

Comes day four... my bird is still ill. This can't be coincidence. I plan to try to get some vomp carrots (low on income) to see if he snaps out of it. Unless otherwise stated, I've been raising my bird on a regimen of carrying packages, taking medium walks, and competing against others until his stamina is depleted. I had fed him to full each of those days with some Toko grass and san-d carrots.

So I'm curious if anyone else has had experiences with these carrots. Have your birds become ill more frequently? Is there any indication of what the carrot actually does for stats? The chocoboy at the stables is vague as to their effect, so I'm a bit curious.

Concurrently, it might just be part of the raising process, but I'm not aware of any illnesses that have lasted this long.

Thanks in advance,
    Las

Re: San d'Orian Carrots linked to Chocobo illness?

I've been feeding those carrots to my choco since Day 14, and my chocobo has gotten sick only once so far, and it lasted one day.

That's all I can tell you.
    sigpic

Comment

Just to be sure, I fed the chocbo 2 toko grasses again today. The first time, there was no extra commentary (he ate it as the screen faded). The second time, the VCS caretaker said "I hope it gets well soon" before the screen faded. I hadn't gotten this message the last times I fed him the grasses, so it might indicate that he has, in fact, only now had enough grasses to get better.

If this is the case then I just might be mistaken in suspecting a link between the food and illness, but it would mean that it took roughly 6 grasses total to remove his sickness!

Chocobos these days

Comment

don't do anything special that day. just tell stories. give no walks, and only feed that grass and nothing else.
        Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
        Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I've been wondering about the comments the trainer sometimes makes regarding foods.

When my chocobo got sick, I tried 1 Tokopekko Wildgrass. I got only brief white sparkles (not even "flames") and the trainer didn't say anything. My chocobo was still sick the next day.

I then gave her 1 Herb Paste (she's still a chick) and I got the white/gold "flames" and the trainer said "I hope it gets well soon." Next day, my chocobo was fit as a fiddle.

Sometimes the food (I've been varying a little) elicits a comment, occasionally not. I'm wondering (as some of you) if it's an indication whether the food's special effect "took". Also, do the chocobos have different preferences or do all of them "gobble up" Vomp carrots and only "munch contentedly" on Zegham carrots?
          They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It seems (from talking to friends and reading forum posts) that each Chocobo has a likes and dislikes when it comes to food, feeding the Chocobo the food it dislikes will make it sick.

All speculation of course but from testing out food types you can guess which s/he likes and dislikes by the message displayed when the Chocobo eats the food, such as “your Chocobo eats the <food> in one gulp”.

Comment

What Redx said is most likely true my chocobo love sandy carrots, she eats them down in one gulp and has been sick twice once in chick phase and in "teen" phase.

Comment

My chocobo seems to love Azouph Greens and San d'Orian carrots. She was only sick one time as far as I can remember, and that was on a day I had forgotten to check on her. When I checked on her the next day (getting 2 status reports), She got sick on the first status report, and got better on the second, without any outside help from me.

So, I don't know what to tell you. I've been feeding Miracle Heart 1x Azouph Green and 1x San d'Orian carrot daily (She gulps them down in one gulp), and she's so far been healthy, and completely full every time I do it.

I wish you luck on your chocobo. I hope she feels better

Offtopic P.S.: Do you think eating preferences are dictated by breed, or perhaps personality?
                Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

It appears as though my worries then were unfounded--on day 5 my chocbo's "fever" lifted (probably a more severe case of a regular illness). He's back to gulping down carrots (as I've only seen him do once before as a teen--before he became terminally ill).

It seems though that my bird has a penchant for illness. This is the fourth time he's caught a bug in his lifetime. Whether it has to do with his breed I can't say until he reaches maturity at least, but hopefully I can add something helpful when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
                    I've been wondering about the comments the trainer sometimes makes regarding foods.
                    When my chocobo got sick, I tried 1 Tokopekko Wildgrass. I got only brief white sparkles (not even "flames") and the trainer didn't say anything. My chocobo was still sick the next day.
                    I then gave her 1 Herb Paste (she's still a chick) and I got the white/gold "flames" and the trainer said "I hope it gets well soon." Next day, my chocobo was fit as a fiddle.
                    Sometimes the food (I've been varying a little) elicits a comment, occasionally not. I'm wondering (as some of you) if it's an indication whether the food's special effect "took". Also, do the chocobos have different preferences or do all of them "gobble up" Vomp carrots and only "munch contentedly" on Zegham carrots?
                    I've been wondering that too. I've had foods give different colors, sometime the same food yet different colors and effects. I've never had the trainer comment on Vomp Carrots when I feed my chocobo them but always get a comment on Azouph Greens or Zegham Carrots when I do.

Say my Chocobo seems to like Vomp and Azouph it definatly loves listening to music. It's about the only time I can get the chocobo to reach that "High Spirits", If I have him do something else other then that he always just falls back to happy to see me and can't get it to High spirits at all. I also lose a cutscene when I switch it off from that.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Macht View Post
                      I've been wondering that too. I've had foods give different colors, sometime the same food yet different colors and effects. I've never had the trainer comment on Vomp Carrots when I feed my chocobo them but always get a comment on Azouph Greens or Zegham Carrots when I do.

Say my Chocobo seems to like Vomp and Azouph it definatly loves listening to music. It's about the only time I can get the chocobo to reach that "High Spirits", If I have him do something else other then that he always just falls back to happy to see me and can't get it to High spirits at all. I also lose a cutscene when I switch it off from that.
                      Different colors for the same food? Hmm. I haven't come across that yet; I'll keep an eye out for that. Were they on different days? What do you think was the cause?

On days when my chocobo was "perky" she gobbled up San d'Orian and Vomp Carrots, but the trainer said nothing.

Another day when she was in a normal happy condition, she contentedly munched Zegham carrots (the only food to give me a blue flame so far). The trainer gave no response for the first carrot, but said "I hope we can make this a fine chocobo." for the second carrot.

My chocobo seems to equally enjoy Walking in Town and Listening to Music. Do chocobos exhibit different responses to the Care Plans? Mine was "interested in everything!" and "liked the tune so much, it started chirping along".
                      They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
                        Different colors for the same food? Hmm. I haven't come across that yet; I'll keep an eye out for that. Were they on different days? What do you think was the cause?
                        On days when my chocobo was "perky" she gobbled up San d'Orian and Vomp Carrots, but the trainer said nothing.
                        Another day when she was in a normal happy condition, she contentedly munched Zegham carrots (the only food to give me a blue flame so far). The trainer gave no response for the first carrot, but said "I hope we can make this a fine chocobo." for the second carrot.
                        My chocobo seems to equally enjoy Walking in Town and Listening to Music. Do chocobos exhibit different responses to the Care Plans? Mine was "interested in everything!" and "liked the tune so much, it started chirping along".
                        I hadn't been paying enough attention to answer those questions about the color changing. It was barely recently that I noticed the color changed and then noticed a couple times it would change on the same food. I've had wierd delays during feeding as if the system was recording some sort of info and then do an effect as well.

I think the action they do in the cutscene is always the same, I haven't noticed that change at all. Were I notice a change though is the chocobo's behavior when I select "Watch over chocobo". Every single time when I do that and has chocobo walk around his mood in there changes from "High Spirits" to just "Happy", however when I had it listen to music it would change from "Happy" to "High Spirits" in an instant and would stay there. Also not to mention that often after that cutscene there will be a bonus one mentioning something about the chocobo improving greatly in a certain stat.

It was only on the 2nd Day of being an adolsecent though that suddenly the chocobo seems to of lost intrest in the music and appears to want to play with children and other chocobos. I didn't get that extra cutscene on this 2nd Day and his mood changed from "High Spirits" to just "Happy".

So after his rest I'm having him play with children and other chocobos to see how his mood changes.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                        X